PDA

View Full Version : Raising from MP2 to steal the blinds @ 1/2

RockPile
05-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Well.. I've been playing 1/2 9max for a few days now. Pretty much have been hovering aroun -1BB/100 to 1BB/100 so not making anything or loosing anything. Some tables seem like .50.1 table, others are super tight. The below hand is from a tight passive table, I've been playing with different stratgies with mixed results.. I think the whole thing was played poorly.. Note that this is the first time I have made this play from this position with these cards.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

obviously looking at this now I should have bet this - but I feel if I did I would have taken it down right here knowing I was way ahead. Instead I checked, hoping for MP3 to bet and then call then hoping to check/raise the turn..

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB folds.

Once again.. okay now I get someone betting into me but I didnt raise.. I;m a retard.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls.

doh

Final Pot: 9 BB

ClaytonN
05-17-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHHHHHHH

KaiShin
05-17-2005, 09:08 PM
No.

RockPile
05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHHHHHHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

I know its wrong, its sure helped loosen up the table though.

How was post-flop play? I'm not concerened about my preflop.

Thanks.

ClaytonN
05-17-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haha

I know its wrong, its sure helped loosen up the table though.

How was post-flop play? I'm not concerened about my preflop.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a nice guy, and I'm letting you know this before I say the following:

There is zero chance in hell you will be a winner long term if you do crap like that at 1/2.

At 1/2, just play solid. You don't need to get tricky or "loosen up the table". That takes care of itself at 1/2 through good table selection.

You should be very concerned about your preflop play. Please never make a play like that again.

That said, you played it incredibly weak postflop. Bet and raise!

Weatherhead03
05-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Personally I think your post flop was as bad as your pre flop.. you should have bet the flop, after you get bet into i would raise there as well and when you hit your quad it was basically too late.

GrunchCan
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm ignoring PF. I wouldn't do it, even considering your intentions. But I understand it.

You need to bet the flop. The pot is fairly large. Many opponents will be enticed to call just becasue it's a bigish pot. If you take it down, don't lament - you won with the best hand!

TripleH68
05-17-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet hero bets if he is holding AQ.