PDA

View Full Version : 44 in the BB level 3

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Unusually tight/passive table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t1382)
MP1 (t1315)
MP2 (t480)
MP3 (t893)
CO (t310)
Button (t995)
SB (t1140)
Hero (t785)
UTG (t700)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls t50, SB calls t25, Hero?

Push, raise, or check?

dfscott
05-17-2005, 08:59 PM
I would check and play this for set value.

bluefeet
05-17-2005, 09:08 PM
With your read, a push sure seems like a easy way to pick up 150+your50. 10 seated still though, there could always be a hand lurking.

I agree w/ previous...check it and hope.

Nick M
05-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Totally agree...

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With your read, a push sure seems like a easy way to pick up 150+your50. 10 seated still though, there could always be a hand lurking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with this, but recognize that I'm closing the action preflop so the fact that it's ten handed has no bearing.

Recognize also that raising here is very much +EV, I'd estimate that I would take this down preflop about 70% of the time, and if I'm called I'm not terribly far behind a common range of hands. It's almost certainly better than playing for set value because I will need a nearly perfect flop to extract any value when I do hit my set, and even then I will be playing out of position and will have a hard time extracting the maximum.

The only thing that made me check the hand was the fact that the first limper was UTG. If he had been MP1, or if there were another limper thrown in, I would be pushing almost for sure.

-Phoenix

bluefeet
05-17-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with this, but recognize that I'm closing the action preflop so the fact that it's ten handed has no bearing.

Recognize also that raising here is very much +EV, I'd estimate that I would take this down preflop about 70% of the time, and if I'm called I'm not terribly far behind a common range of hands. It's almost certainly better than playing for set value because I will need a nearly perfect flop to extract any value when I do hit my set, and even then I will be playing out of position and will have a hard time extracting the maximum.

The only thing that made me check the hand was the fact that the first limper was UTG. If he had been MP1, or if there were another limper thrown in, I would be pushing almost for sure.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

[10hands - true...likely, I'm completely wrong here (not a huge numbers guy), but I was thinking that there may be a measured difference in the likelyhood of a given paired hand when dealing 10 hands from a single deck, vs. say 4 hands. Granted, probably an insignificant amount]

Great point about the location of the limp. Not only does that represent a stronger starting hand, but likewise, with UTG having no risk of calls (of your all-in) from behind, he might be compelled to call.