PDA

View Full Version : So I went a little nuts

Good Friar
05-17-2005, 08:05 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___raises
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls___calls

6th Street

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls___calls

River

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___folds

So i went a little nuts on this hand, and paid the price. Although, I'd like some thoughts on exactly how to play it. I feel like capping on fifth was fine, especially since I'd seen the Seat 3 make some odd bets, but sixth I wasn't sure if I should 've just called. I guess my though, or lack thereof, was that Seat 7 was drawing pretty week on both ends, and that my strong low draw, with the possibility Seat three might be overbetting a weak hand (I'd seen him pump weak two pair before) that I was getting a good return on the jamfest. PLus, it was kinda late, and I'd recently reread a passage from Ray Zee about creating the image of being willing to jam. Anyhow, thoughts on how to correctly play the hand would be appreciated.

bigredlemon
05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Aside from not just calling 6th, I think you played it fine. Looks like Seat 3 hit a straight on 5th so check/calling two pair is good.

mscags
05-17-2005, 08:38 PM
You played it great until 6th, I would just call. Besides that you did what you could. Tough break.

DeadMoneyOC
05-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Its pretty obvious that unless the three seat is a complete donk he has a made straight. You need to go into call down mode after that. I would call on 7th with aces-up though. It certainly seems like he has a straight, but...call anyway just incase. I think there are enough times where the villian just has a rough 8 to make this is profitable call down. I used to try to make good folds on the end but it wasnt working out...call'em down.

Andy B
05-17-2005, 11:25 PM
As others have pointed out, you played just fine except for sixth. You only have one card left to make your hand, and you should be behind in both directions.

I wouldn't worry too much about "image plays" in this game.