PDA

View Full Version : AQs...how to extract...discuss.

HollywoodDB
05-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
Table is LP as hell. Preflop raiser has not said a word the entire time so, I put him on a big hand...I know I shoulda 3-bet preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero...?

I understand I have mucho pot equity here, and I need to get as much money in the pot as possible. With 4 people to act behind me, do I want to raise facing the field with 2 cold or call and hope to get overcalls?

istewart
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I would raise.

aK13
05-17-2005, 08:05 PM
I would call. I think we're getting more value by going for overcalls than by raising and knocking everyone behind us out.

irishpint
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
3bet pf- raise flop
as you played it- call the flop

topspin
05-17-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raiser has not said a word the entire time so, I put him on a big hand...I know I shoulda 3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I would have flat called also. AQs isn't a hand you're looking to get HU with, especially if your read on villain is passive.

Given your eval of the table, I'd raise the flop. With everyone being passive, odds of getting callers are high and your raise is already for value since 2 others are already involved. The passive read means you're also likely to get a free turn card if you need it.

mmbt0ne
05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
Table is LP as hell. Preflop raiser has not said a word the entire time so, I put him on a big hand...I know I shoulda 3-bet preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero...?

I understand I have mucho pot equity here, and I need to get as much money in the pot as possible. With 4 people to act behind me, do I want to raise facing the field with 2 cold or call and hope to get overcalls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise the flop. You're getting more than enough equity already assuming that just the two people to already call stay in the pot. Any coldcalls, and you will likely get some at .50/1 and with four opponents, are gravy. Plus, raising could hook you up with a free card, and let you get to showdown cheaper when you miss.

Ianco15
05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Raise. You may get people to muck hands like a2 or a3 which gives you a few extra outs. You may also buy a free card.

KingOtter
05-17-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, there is 16 SB in the pot right now. If we raise we make it 18:2 (probably could argue it's a probably 20:2 with those already in the pot calling), and a lot of people will still have odds to call, so you'll very likely get some of the others in the pot as well.

I like raising.

KO

ClaytonN
05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
3-bet preflop
Raise flop

ClaytonN
05-17-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise. You may get people to muck hands like a2 or a3 which gives you a few extra outs. You may also buy a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though these are reasons, they aren't the most important ones by FAR.

Fact is, your hand is a big moneymaker. Pump the draw hard. Screw trying to get hands to fold or buying a card, you need to get as much money as possible into this draw. You'll get a lot more cold callers than you'll expect on the flop, I imagine.

Aaron W.
05-17-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (14 SB)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a big pot. That means you want to maximize your chances of actually *WINNING* it. When the pot is small and you have a draw, you want to pump it up so that it's big for those times when you happen to win. If you make yourself 15% more likely to win the pot by knocking out a player or two, you win an immediate 2.1 SB (= 1 BB). If you flat call, you can expect maybe 3 more callers putting in 1 SB (of which you have maybe 40% equity = 1.2 SB). Which would you rather have?

Besides, if anyone else is on a flush draw or even dominated overcards (say KQ or AJ), you want them to have to pay two bets instead of one to chase to their losing hand (and they *will* chase those hands in a big pot like this).

Ianco15
05-17-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Though these are reasons, they aren't the most important ones by FAR.

Fact is, your hand is a big moneymaker. Pump the draw hard. Screw trying to get hands to fold or buying a card, you need to get as much money as possible into this draw. You'll get a lot more cold callers than you'll expect on the flop, I imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the OP already knew that since he put it in his original post. I was adding further reasons to raise.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand I have mucho pot equity here, and I need to get as much money in the pot as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]