PDA

View Full Version : limping with low pocket pairs UTG

Silverback
05-17-2005, 07:54 PM
does anyone limp with low pocket pairs 55-22 UTg or UTG+1

If you hit a set they pair off handsomely in aggressive games? If not easy fold.

Anyone do this?

Anyone think it worth doing?

Anyone run a sim on turbo texas?

MecosKing
05-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Meh. Once in a while, if the table is loose/passive, and people like to limp. In UTG + 1, if UTG has limped, i will too usually, since even if an LPer raises, there because the pot promises to be big, often the blind will call maybe even the button, and now youve got multiway, which is fine.

More often than not ill dump a micro PP UTG, unless the tables pretty tight and im gettin a lot of respect and a raise UTG might either pickup the blinds right there or get only one of the blinds in there, then maybe. (after all, you have position on the blinds)

I think even this is probably a sideways EV move, because if you get 3 bet somewhere, your often going to be in serious trouble.

What i usually do, which admittedly doesnt make a HELL of a lot of sense, is that i will dump 22-33 almost always, 44-55 ill play at a loose table, otherwise ill dump. 66, sort of depends on my overall mood and how im feelin-maybe raise maybe muck. 77 and better, im raising.