PDA

View Full Version : Why???

Wildbill
12-04-2002, 10:46 PM
I know he might just be posturing, but I read that Willis McGahee told reporters he has no intentions of leaving Miami after this year. All I can say is why??? The guy is 6-1, 225 pounds and yet the fastest guy on a team that is stocked with sprinters. He is untouchable in the open field and turns routine dump off passes into big plays. I can't believe he would waste his time in college any longer. I know the Bungles have the first pick pretty much locked up and need a QB badly so they probably go with Palmer, but after that you have to be crazy not to take this guy. Last guy I can remember this good coming out of college was Barry Sanders. Just what does he have to gain by staying in school another year?

Clarkmeister
12-04-2002, 10:51 PM
"What does he have to gain by playing another year"

Depends what the Boosters are paying him I guess. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Wildbill
12-05-2002, 04:06 PM
The 2 Live Crew haven't been making records in years, Luther Campbell is broke and will tell him "go to the NFL son" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

A good side note, I read an article in the NY Times about LeBron James and it said at one point in the year he was driving around in an Escalade. A kid living in the projects, but driving that. And it was his coach who said it! I guess in HS or the pros you can get whatever you want, but in the college years you are supposed to live like life was still in the ghetto.