PDA

View Full Version : problems with second monitor

bkholdem
05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
I have a presario X1000 laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9200 video card. I recently purchased a 19" montior so I could play 8 tables. When I hooked it up and got it set up so that the second screen was an extention of the first rather than a duplicate I had problems.

The second monitor worked fine when it was just a duplicate screen of my primary screen. Once I set it up so the screen extended into the second monitor the borders on the second monitor would not hold. windows (i.e. poker tables) kept scrolling off the screen. The arrow, when moved up against the edge of the screen would not stop- the desktop scrolled over more. The same thing happened up and down.

Also, the second monitor kept blacking/greying out. This has happened about 6 times with my laptop monitor over the past several months and it only lasted a couple of seconds. On the second monitor it kept happening every few seconds repeatedly. It only happened when I set up the screens so that the second monitor was an extention of the first, not when they both displayed the same desktop.

Anyway, the monitor wasn't a high enough resolution in any event so I returned it. I would like to have a second screen but want to know what caused those problems so I can avoid them or fix the issue. Anyone know what the problem might be and what I need to do to correct it?

Thanks for any help you can offer, I don't understand the inner workings of computers.

bkholdem
05-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Can't someone help me out with this? I read the monitor/video card faq a few times, did internet searches. It's not like I'm a lazy guy not willing to do searches, etc. I also contribute at 2+2, I just don't have the know how when it comes to computers...

bkholdem
05-21-2005, 12:00 AM
anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Iamafish
05-21-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, the monitor wasn't a high enough resolution in any event so I returned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding? Maybe that's why, huh?

bkholdem
05-21-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, the monitor wasn't a high enough resolution in any event so I returned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding? Maybe that's why, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I intend to buy another one jackazz. I want to know if people suspect my video card is part of/or the main cause of the problems I listed in the original post. If so it seems plausible for me to address that first.

If it MAY be the cause of the problem I would be interested in knowing how to go about finding this out. I would like to do this without handing in my computer to a repair shop if it is possible.