PDA

View Full Version : I need help choosing golf clubs!

okayplayer
05-17-2005, 07:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a set of golf clubs. I am a relative beginner (been golfing maybe 10 or so times) but want to get more into it. I am looking for a set that is relatively affordable <$200. I've looked and saw that Wilson has a set (Matrix I believe) for ~$165 and I also saw that some "clones" offer a cheaper version of the high end models with similar design. I've looked on craigslist for used sets too and saw a Golden Bear set for $175.

Anyone have some ideas for me?

tbach24
05-17-2005, 07:05 PM
I started off with the Golden Bears and liked those. I don't know if they've changed or not. My brother got some used irons and I like those better. Can't remember the brand. I think going down to a golf shop or something and trying out some used one's would be good.

BadBoyBenny
05-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I would buy a used set.

KungFuSandwich
05-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry for the Hijack but this is a similar question. I need new woods, whats the best price to value ratio for a beginner. I suck hard at hitting woods (but I can hit long irons ok) My Driver is about 7 years old (and was a p.o.s. then) and my 3 wood is a persimonite Johnny Palmer from the 70's.

Basically how much should I spend and how much will they help me. I never got a new 3 wood because I can hit a 2 iron longer than I can hit a fairway wood.

Basically the question is How much easier is it going to be to hit a new oversized driver than a 7 to 10 year old wilson and how much will it cost me.

edtost
05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
find a used one that's 2 or 3 seasons old - the tech doesn't advance thta fast, it'll be a lot cheaper than a new one, and a lot better than what you have now.

ceyoung
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
ebay is the best source for used golf equipment. look for some older titleists you can get them fro around 100 bucks

diddle
05-18-2005, 02:14 PM
do this:

Get used Pings. Seriously they rock. check ebay or something or go to a Roger Dunn golf shop.

Fins
05-18-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get used Pings. ebay

[/ QUOTE ]