PDA

View Full Version : Jacks on ragged flop

pergesu
05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Couple hands in, no reads.

His raise struck me as too big for a really big hand. I was thinking medium suited ace, middle pair. When he just called the flop, I wasn't quite sure what to put him on. I can see him calling with that entire range of hands. 88-TT, 77 obviously, or his Axs. Anyone think I shouldn't have led the flop? What's your action on the turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+2 (t790)
MP1 (t760)
MP2 (t815)
MP3 (t1015)
CO (t715)
Button (t815)
Hero (t785)
BB (t800)
UTG (t225)
UTG+1 (t1280)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t115, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t262.50) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t220</font>, MP2 calls t220.

Turn: (t702.50) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

DasLeben
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Push the turn you fishy bastard. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Newt_Buggs
05-17-2005, 06:50 PM
what buy in is this? at the lower buy ins I am pushing and if he calls either cursing my bad luck or laughing at what he turns over. Then again, I think that I'm pushing this no matter what

Freudian
05-17-2005, 06:52 PM
If you are lucky he has AK. If you are unlucky he has AA-QQ. I would fold this preflop faster than you could say "premium hand".

That said since you managed to get yourself in a big pot with overpair, push the turn. You probably are good often enough for it to be an ok play. But don't get surprised if you are shown an even bigger pocket pair here.

pergesu
05-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Don't you think that's a big preflop raise for AA-QQ? Seems like the kind of raise that comes from someone with a middle PP. They think it's too good to fold, but don't really want any callers.

This is a $33.

pooh74
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that's a big preflop raise for AA-QQ? Seems like the kind of raise that comes from someone with a middle PP. They think it's too good to fold, but don't really want any callers.

This is a $33.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree, but if you really feel that way then why not come over the top PF? IOW if you are willing to call such a huge overbet what are you hoping to see that will help your hand even more on the flop?

But I agree this looks like a middle pocket pair raise but my curiousity is not piqued enough to find out.

I would fold this PF...but you called...Id check raise/fold the flop. but you called...so i would then...

push the turn.

Nick M
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Instapush on the turn. simple right hahaha?

pergesu
05-17-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to agree, but if you really feel that way then why not come over the top PF? IOW if you are willing to call such a huge overbet what are you hoping to see that will help your hand even more on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I really think I have him beat here. A middle pair seems more likely to me than a suited ace, though on is possible. I bet any flop. I may push him out if I raise big, or he may fold even when we flop undercards. I'd rather keep him in it.

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this PF...but you called...Id check raise/fold the flop. but you called...so i would then...

[/ QUOTE ]
A check-raise does one of two things. Kills my action when I'm ahead, and bleeds chips when I'm behind. When someone cold calls a big preflop bet and then check-raises a ragged flop, doesn't that send off warnings to you? If he has a bigger pair, then he comes back over the top of my check-raise, and I lose a lot more chips than if I had bet out and folded to an all-in (which admittedtly I don't know if I would do anyway)

[ QUOTE ]
push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did, he had TT