PDA

View Full Version : Absolute just called me

flair1239
05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
It was funny I had been looking this weekend at my ARP points. I had like 39,900 of them.

Anyway they offered me $75 for my points, which is about .002 cents per point. I might have gotten more, but I did not think it was a horrible deal, as I never play tournaments.

So anyway I thought that was nice.

MicroBob
05-17-2005, 05:39 PM
a couple other people reported the same thing last week (cash-back for their points via a phone-call or e-mail)

I agree that it reflects well on their customer-service.

flair1239
05-17-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a couple other people reported the same thing last week (cash-back for their points via a phone-call or e-mail)

I agree that it reflects well on their customer-service.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of a sucker, because that stuff goes a long way with me. At any site.

For instance on Absolute, I will play HU on shorthanded 5/10 if there is not another game going, even though I hate headsup, because I want to keep the games going.

I just think if we want better service from a site like Party, we have to reward the sites that do take care of their customers. Paradise and PokerStars are two other sites that jump to mind.

MicroBob
05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
completely agree with everything regarding customer-service (specifically paradise and stars).

keeping the games going HU at 5/10 when that's not your game though is crossing the line a bit though. If you aren't a good HU player then don't play it.

You're under no obligation to keep a game going (and risk your money) just because the site is treating you better than you've come to expect elsewhere.

Uglyowl
05-17-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was funny I had been looking this weekend at my ARP points. I had like 39,900 of them.

Anyway they offered me $75 for my points, which is about .002 cents per point.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first ARP tournament using points was worth $62.50 for 25,000 points, but they have gotten a little worse I believe so $75 sounds about right.

Shoe
05-17-2005, 06:53 PM
I sold them about 35k points for $62 yesterday. I didn't know about the 25k ARP tourney, but i'm not sure if I would have ever played in it anyways. I'm happy enough with the cash (as I was never really expecting the points to amount to anything).

nervous
05-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Anyone get this?

[ QUOTE ]
******? I have been trying to reach you by phone to let you know you have qualified for some bonuses. Below are the details of the bonus package. When you make your deposit, simply reply to this email and I will plug in your bonuses.

When you make a deposit into your AP account of $50 or more in the next 48 hours, you'll get $11 cash, a 20% pending bonus, plus guest-entry into the AP Challenge on the Sunday of your choice.

If you prefer to deposit $300 or more, you will also receive guest-entry into either of the following:

1.) The prestigious WSOP Challenge, or
2.) A 13 K tournament.

Deposits of $1000 are recommended to maximize your pending bonus cash and to get a FREE t-shirt. Please be sure to include your t-shirt size!

Thanks! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Lindsay

Team Absolute - VIP Hosting

Lindsay@absolutePoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an extra $11 in my account and a t-shirt is on it's way. Thanks Absolute I haven't played there in months. And I will only play in their free tournament.