PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw hits second pair on turn

turaho
05-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Very loose table.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue">With this many limpers, what do you think of limping Q-rag suited in the CO?</font>

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="blue">Calling 2 cold is fine with the flush draw, right?</font>

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

<font color="blue">With the flush draw and second pair, I figure I'm good to bet here.</font>

...<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero...

<font color="blue">The dreaded check raise. If MP1 folded, I would just call. But with his dead money going into the pot, should I re-raise?</font>

MrWookie47
05-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Preflop is pretty loose. I'd have fewer qualms if there was a straight possibility as well, plus additional kicker strength.

I think it's pretty clear that you're behind, and your two pair outs may not be good. This is a pretty clear call. You don't have an equity edge for your 11-12 outer. It's unlikely you have the best hand, given the flop action. Assuming you're behind, you don't have an equity edge even if you give yourself the full 15 outs against 3 people. You need one more. Just call and hope for a good river.

gharp
05-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I think I'd muck Q3s from there, but if it was Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I think you're supposed to raise...

I think a call on the turn is better than a re-raise since you're almost certainly behind with just one card to come and it looks like two pair might not be enough to take it down.

topspin
05-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Check-call the turn. No way is 2nd pair the best hand here, and putting in any more chips than you have to here is spewing.

Pov
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
You have easy odds to call the check-raise. I can't think of any reason at all to re-raise since you have basically no chance of being ahead and you do not have an edge on money going into the pot here.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just check this through on the turn. You have a lot of outs to a good hand. If you're best right now a free card is unlikely to hurt you. Any hand that is ahead of you is going to call - i.e. your bet can't fold better hands and is pretty questionable as a value bet since you're not that likely to be ahead. If you had no good outs you could make this bet to hope you take it down but with all these outs I would just take them and see what happens.

Ianco15
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
When villan goes for the cr on the turn it makes me believe that your two pair draw and maybe even your trip draw are no good. Just call, you probably don't have the equity to 3-bet.

PS - I don't know what you're doing preflop.

irishpint
05-17-2005, 06:34 PM
fold preflop. just call the turn, no need to 3bet. if u dont hit your diamond you should fold the river (obviously) if there is a bet.