PDA

View Full Version : Deep money hand at $50NL 6max on Empire

not_da_nizzles
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Villain in this hand is in the BB with $235. He has built up this stack with a series of suckouts throughout the night where the money goes in on the flop when he's behind and he draws out. I haven't seen him bet any draws.

Hero is UTG+1 with $170 behind and is probably seen as tight aggressive (I hope) ... but I doubt anyone has really noticed anything at this table.

Hero is dealt 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds
Hero limps
CO folds
Button folds
SB folds
Villain/BB checks

Flop 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Pot $1.25

Villain bets $3
Hero raises to $6
Villain calls

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Pot ~$12.60

Villain checks
Hero bets $6
Villain raises to $12
Hero?

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Thanks,
mj

Bukem_
05-17-2005, 05:02 PM
No one here is gonna like the 23s limp, but I'll ignore that.

Either call or jack that flop up alot vs this guy. I'd go to 10 vs this guy. You said this guy likes to get the money in when he is behind, why aren't you letting him???

YOur cute min raise is what has you confused beyond belief in this hand.

Finite_Risk
05-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I repop to 30...unless he has 6,8 you are way ahead...anything he is drawing to will be very expensive (Boat, flush, etc)

Plus, if you call you are out of position on the river anyway and would likely bet big on any card that didn't pair the board - why not charge to see it?

RiverFenix
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
What are you concerned about? Reraise for sizable amount since its illogical to think that you dont have the nuts here. Lead out 1/2 pot on river if the board doesnt pair and hope he calls/raises, and take his money.

not_da_nizzles
05-18-2005, 02:21 AM
I did think that I still had the best hand. I was tired of the dancing around that each of us were doing with the min-raising and so I pushed it all-in. Which I think is a nasty terrible move in retrospect since only 36 or 68 *should* call at that point given the stack sizes.

But ... it was enough of an overbet that he called with 74 thinking I was bluffing (or that I was on a big Ace I guess).

River was a 3 and my hand held up for a $340 pot. I'm just lucky that he played it worse than I did.

mj

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 02:29 AM
lol.

elus2
05-18-2005, 02:38 AM
what's wrong with the limp in a short handed game with very deep stacks. i agree the minraise was a catastrophe.

fimbulwinter
05-18-2005, 03:01 AM
make it ten on the flop and get it in on the turn when he raises you. easy $.

fim

not_da_nizzles
05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Ok, so perhaps this is results oriented thinking but ...
It's pretty unlikely that he would have called anything other than a min-raise on the flop ... he had bottom pair and a 7 kicker. His overbet on the flop signaled one of two things: a monster (he's holding 23 as well or set/2 pair) or he was stealing. If he was stealing I'd like to let him improve, no? If he has the monster then he'd likely re-raise my min-raise (ie: exactly what I did to him on the turn). Crazy?

mj