PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dragon or FFXII

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Dork alert...

Which video game RPG are you more excited about, Blue Dragon or Final Fantasy XII?

IGN Blue Dragon info (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/613389p1.html)
Gamespot Blue Dragon info (http://www.gamespot.com/x360/rpg/bluedragon/news_6124454.html)

Basically we know precious little about this game. What we do know is that it's being developed by Mistwwalker for the Xbox 360, and being overseen by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the godfather of all the great Final Fantasy games. Moreover, Akira Toriyama (Dragonquest), Takuya Matsumoto (Nights), Manabu Kusonoki (Panzer Dragoon), and Nobue Uematsu (FF music genius) are all heavily involved in the development. This kind of dream team seems to imply the second coming of Chrono Trigger...

IGN Final Fantasy XII info (http://ps2.ign.com/objects/488/488222.html)
Gamespot Final Fantasy XII info (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasy12/preview_6097934.html)

This one's coming out sooner so there's a lot more info on it. Check out the links if you haven't heard about it yet. It's being directed by Yasumi Matsuno, the mastermind behind Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. Those were both excellent games, and I've always been curious about what Matsuno could produce if he was given enough time and resources. The outcome will no doubt be stellar, but it will follow the Vagrant Story/FFT style, which is far different from what we've come to expect from the core Final Fantasy series. The truth is, most everyone who made the core series great have left to Mistwalker...

So given that...

pshreck
05-17-2005, 04:27 PM
How many times a year must we hear about RPG's that are supposed to be amazing, then never come close to the FF series?

This is easily FF 12.

KDawgCometh
05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
the new FF easy. I've seen game pics leakikng out for almost eight months now. I never got XI as I didn't want to spend $$$ on getting a hard drive for just one game. Square Sofy has really been on point since IX. I'm a FF mark though so that should go into consideration, as I've beaten every FF that has become available in the US outside of FFI

contentless
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Square Sofy has really been on point since IX.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the shitstorm that was FFX-2.

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 04:32 PM
You don't seem to realize that it's not the name that made all of the FF games great, it was the developers... Those developers are making a new game now, with a different name, but still just as likely to be amazing.

KDawgCometh
05-17-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Square Sofy has really been on point since IX.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the shitstorm that was FFX-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasn't that bad, but I did stop playing it halfway through the fourth chapter

Lawrence Ng
05-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm still waiting for a game to come on par with FF VII.

Lawrence

Supersetoy
05-17-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of dream team seems to imply the second coming of Chrono Trigger...

[/ QUOTE ]

*SPLOOGE*

I love this game. I read this post and got to this point and stopped. I have nothing relevant to add other than I'll be buying both, (and both PS3 and Xbox 360) and will be sure to post my opinion once I've given sufficient time to each.

KDawgCometh
05-17-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of dream team seems to imply the second coming of Chrono Trigger...

[/ QUOTE ]

*SPLOOGE*

I love this game. I read this post and got to this point and stopped. I have nothing relevant to add other than I'll be buying both, (and both PS3 and Xbox 360) and will be sure to post my opinion once I've given sufficient time to each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a big Chrono Trigger fan. Did anyone play Chrono Cross, did it compare to Trigger. The love in me for Chrono Trigger runs real deep. ONe of the best games by Square

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Chrono Cross was a great game on it's own. It disappointed a lot of Chrono Trigger fans because it was not what they were expecting.