PDA

View Full Version : get drunk faster

asofel
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
At first glance it looked like I had found a new nemesis, but upon further reading:

[ QUOTE ]

Findings show that subjects who took kudzu drank an average of 1.8 beers per session, compared with the 3.5 beers consumed by those who took a placebo.

Lukas was not certain why but speculated that kudzu increases blood alcohol levels and speeds up its effects. More simply put, the subjects needed fewer beers to feel drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought of feeling something after only 3 beers brings a tear to my eye, and a sigh of relief from my bank account.

link (http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/05/17/kudzu.drinking.ap/index.html)

bump
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
The sample size in this study is an absolute joke. The standard deviation has to be large enough with only 7 taking the real pill and 7 taking the placebo to invalidate all results.

[ QUOTE ]
Lukas recruited 14 men and women in their 20s to spend four 90-minute sessions consuming beer and watching TV. Researchers selected people who said they regularly consumed three to four drinks per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can prove that the average OOTiot fits the standard definition of a 'cool person' if I was permitted to use a mere 7 subjects in my sample size...

None the less, this is interesting. I would sign up for the 2nd study.

asofel
05-17-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The sample size in this study is an absolute joke. The standard deviation has to be large enough with only 7 taking the real pill and 7 taking the placebo to invalidate all results.

[ QUOTE ]
Lukas recruited 14 men and women in their 20s to spend four 90-minute sessions consuming beer and watching TV. Researchers selected people who said they regularly consumed three to four drinks per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can prove that the average OOTiot fits the standard definition of a 'cool person' if I was permitted to use a mere 7 subjects in my sample size...

None the less, this is interesting. I would sign up for the 2nd study.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, far from anything conclusive, but interesting nonetheless. I seriously would like to be able to have a buzz after 3 beers. It'd save me more money than I care to think about...

whiskeytown
05-17-2005, 06:27 PM
first off, stop drinking beer and move to the harder stuff.

second, try on an empty stomach - that'll get you a buzz faster -

RB

asofel
05-17-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i pay homage to your name many a weeknight, never fear. That just even more expensive...especially when the waitress says "double?" and you say "sure" and later you wonder why your tab has 4 beers, 3 jaegar bombs, and 8 soco's instead of 4...
The empty stomach thing is of course key, and I'm about to pull off this manuever momentarily. That being said, i like to eat too much to make this often viable /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blarg
05-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Doing it on an empty stomach gets you drunk quicker, but also queasy or maybe even sick quicker. I can drink way more when I've eaten something, without getting sick. Especially something greasy or heavy, as long as it isn't something raunchy or too spicy. Some meat or cheese really seems to tame the stomach if you eat it pre-boozing.

-Skeme-
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Use a straw.

edfurlong
05-18-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i pay homage to your name many a weeknight, never fear. That just even more expensive...especially when the waitress says "double?" and you say "sure" and later you wonder why your tab has 4 beers, 3 jaegar bombs, and 8 soco's instead of 4...
The empty stomach thing is of course key, and I'm about to pull off this manuever momentarily. That being said, i like to eat too much to make this often viable /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to break it to you but SoCO is not whiskey. It's like whiskey, but for girls.