PDA

View Full Version : AK overcards vs flop check raise heads up/common situation.

A_C_Slater
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Paradise $2/4 ---ten handed

Was it correct to bet the river here? Should I plan on calling a turn bet? Villian is tighter than most, but I am not sure of his postflop play yet, not enough hands. This is his first cold call.

AC raises UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 folds, Villian calls, 6 folds.

(5 SB)
2 players ---- FLOP: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AC bets, Villan raises, AC calls

(4.5 BB)
2 players --- TURN: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AC checks (planning to fold), Villian checks.

(4.5 BB)
2 players ----RIVER: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

AC bets and is folding to a raise.....

davelin
05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Looks like he has a draw going for free card play. In that case, what is he going to call that you beat?

adsman
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he has a draw going for free card play.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if that is the case a logical hand could be JT.

davelin
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he has a draw going for free card play.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if that is the case a logical hand could be JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the most logical, slight chance for some other overcard combination.

A_C_Slater
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he has a draw going for free card play. In that case, what is he going to call that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Another AK? No split pot.

davelin
05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another AK? No split pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if he's decent (not saying he is) he'll put you on overcards and call if he indeed has AK. I want to see a showdown here and cheaply. I'd check/call personally.