PDA

View Full Version : JJ on Ace high flop and turn brings a second overcard vs. two.

A_C_Slater
05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Paradise Poker $2/4 ---- ten handed

BB is unknown and MP3 seems to be solid. Typical unknowns at Paradise $2/4 tend to be weak-tight.

UTG folds, AC raises with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 3 folds, BB calls.

(6 SB)
3 players ---FLOP: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, AC bets, MP3 raises, BB calls, AC calls.

Should I just fold here?

(6 BB)
3 players --- TURN: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, AC checks/planning to fold, MP3 checks..... hmmmmm?

(6 BB)
3 players ----RIVER: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, AC thinks til they bang the gong (or whatever) and folds......

topspin
05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
You could probably argue that a flop fold is correct, but I hate to bet/fold on the flop here so I'd call too.

On the turn it looks like MP3 was pumping a straight draw. River fold seems fine -- BB was willing to call 2 cold on the flop, and given your weak-tight read I don't think he's bluffing a busted draw here.

tijean
05-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't like this fold at all.

When MP3 takes the free card, I put him on a draw and expect him to fold this river. BB could be betting out with second pair thinking he's good here, since you've shown no liking for the overcards.

I'd call.

JordanIB
05-17-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB could be betting out with second pair thinking he's good here,

[/ QUOTE ]

He is good with 2nd pair.

toss
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I like the river fold. Villain could be playing with Ace-rag or queens.