PDA

View Full Version : Should I be raising the turn here? Should I call the reraise?

A_C_Slater
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Paradise $2/4 --- ten handed

Only a few hands with villan (SB) but he made a few cold calls and showed down some any two suited cards. His postflop play is FPS aggressive.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds, poster CO (checks), AC calls with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif on button, SB calls, BB calls.

(5 SB)
5 players ----FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked thru.

(2.5 BB)
5 players ---- TURN: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, 3 folds, AC raises, SB reraises, AC calls.

River is unimportant, but I plan to fold unimproved.

Womble
05-17-2005, 02:25 PM
You are getting 8.5 to call the turn reraise. You have 3-4 K outs, 2 J outs and 3 Q outs (very weak). I would say about 5-6 outs so you can call the turn raise. 0 outs if he has the straight

However, I do not know if I would raise in the first place although I have seen some crazy betting there.

topspin
05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Raise preflop. There's a lot of dead money in there, and only 1 person has shown any interest. You've got a decent hand and position, so I'd make a play for this hand.

As played, I'd call the turn -- you've got a bunch of outs although it's hard to tell which are clean. Getting 9.5BB to 1 on the river against an opponent you've described as overly fancy, aggressive, and willing to play trash cards, I'd also call the river.

bozlax
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As played, I'd call the turn -- you've got a bunch of outs although it's hard to tell which are clean. Getting 9.5BB to 1 on the river against an opponent you've described as overly fancy, aggressive, and willing to play trash cards, I'd also call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..call/call-UI. Given your read, maybe I fold to a bet on the river if the 3rd heart falls, I dunno.

Edit: Go nuts on the river if a non-heart QJ, or any K falls.