PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't I won?

Tyler Durden
05-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Here's your chance to rip me a new one.

Why haven't I won a real tourney? No weekday supers on Party. None of the big Sunday tourneys. My biggest online score is just over $9k. I mean even a player as bad as CSC (just kidding) has won the Stars 350k.

I know it takes a lot of luck down the stretch to win and I've lost a few big flips in my day but I know there's flaws in my game also. So if any of you know what they are I'd love to hear it.

thanks much

nightlyraver
05-17-2005, 01:34 PM
You lost because you suck! Bottom line....

he he, just kidding...

MLG
05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
honestly, you don't think ahead when you play hands. you focus on the decision your confronted with now and not how the different options you have will play out on future streets and create different future decisions. Thats why you always find yourself in such tricky turn and river spots. You need to think ahead more, come up with a consistent coherent plan for a hand when you make your first decision.

Tyler Durden
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM
ok that's what i'm lookin for. thanks much.

DaveWilliams
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
What makes you think you should of won a big tourney by now? Just because guys like MLG, Gavin, even CSC have won multiple tourneys, don't think for a minute that you are on thier level. I know that you have a running feud with CSC who you have openly criticized on many occasions, and you take many stabs at him whenever you have a chance. Let me just say for one, that I have learned a whole hell of alot more from CSC than from you. I don't think you understand the level of his play. He plays good, trust me.

But back to your point of this post. I don't think you are very good. I think you are average at best. I've played with you many times Y-Train. You are always a rude obnoxiouis loud mouth at the tables. Also its very typical of your play, rude and obnoxious. But like I said I think you are a very average player. So your chances of winning one of the big online tourneys is slim to none, but its not impossible. So good luck, and I hope things turn around for you, but I doubt they will.

slickpoppa
05-17-2005, 01:57 PM
No one believes that you are actually David Williams. Get a life.

Tyler Durden
05-17-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think you should of won a big tourney by now? Just because guys like MLG, Gavin, even CSC have won multiple tourneys, don't think for a minute that you are on thier level. I know that you have a running feud with CSC who you have openly criticized on many occasions, and you take many stabs at him whenever you have a chance. Let me just say for one, that I have learned a whole hell of alot more from CSC than from you. I don't think you understand the level of his play. He plays good, trust me.

But back to your point of this post. I don't think you are very good. I think you are average at best. I've played with you many times Y-Train. You are always a rude obnoxiouis loud mouth at the tables. Also its very typical of your play, rude and obnoxious. But like I said I think you are a very average player. So your chances of winning one of the big online tourneys is slim to none, but its not impossible. So good luck, and I hope things turn around for you, but I doubt they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAH. This is my favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
I know that you have a running feud with CSC who you have openly criticized on many occasions, and you take many stabs at him whenever you have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never taken a jab at CSC. The one in this thread is the first. Nor do I have a 'running feud' with him. You watch too many soap operas. But you made me laugh.

DaveWilliams
05-17-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one believes that you are actually David Williams. Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that. Thats yesterdays news.

GtrHtr
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I think I understand your very good point here, but could you provide an example of a recent hand of yours and your thinking process?

bugstud
05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
honestly, you don't think ahead when you play hands. you focus on the decision your confronted with now and not how the different options you have will play out on future streets and create different future decisions. Thats why you always find yourself in such tricky turn and river spots. You need to think ahead more, come up with a consistent coherent plan for a hand when you make your first decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a perfect description of that a6 hand that was posted earlier. I do this a lot too FWIW.

MLG
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
sure, lets say I defend my big blind agains an MP raise with like 108s and the flop comes 8910. Great I have a nice flop for me, but its super tricky. The instinct is to now say I have 2 options, bet or check. Really though I have a lot more. Bet with the intention of calling a raise, bet with the intention of reraising a raise, (maybe even bet with the intention of folding to a raise ewwww). Or you can check with the intention of raising, or check with the intention of calling. Each of those options has more lines to take into account on the turn.

My thinking might go something like this. I'm going to bet out on the flop into the raiser suspecting that there are many hands that I beat which he will either call or raise with (over pairs, overcards with a J, J10) and only a few that are ahead of me (88/99/1010/JQ). If I get called my plan will be to bet any non 4 straight card and to check call the 4 straight, and then check fold the river. If I get raised I will move all-in on the flop.

This is 1 possible line, the best line depends on all sorts of factors at the table. The important thing is thinking about those possibilities when you make your first decision.

jon_1van
05-17-2005, 02:57 PM
This is a very good post.

GtrHtr
05-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks Mike, your answer was exactly what I was looking for - although my original "I think I understand" only covered about half of your thinking process.

Very keen insight and thanks again.

CardSharpCook
05-17-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've never taken a jab at CSC. The one in this thread is the first. Nor do I have a 'running feud' with him. You watch too many soap operas. But you made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I have any more 'running fueds'. Do I? hmm, lets see if I can start one. YTRAIN YOU SUCK!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CSC

IHateKeithSmart
05-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Nice post mlg. This reminded me of the hand I busted out of the super with last night. Didn't have my head in the game, steal gone bad, and didn't think it through. Next thing you know, I'm out with a bit of a dazed feeling.

I need to work on my concentration and thought process when playing online. I don't have the problem live, since there are less distractions (which probably explains why I tend to finish higher live).

Sluss
05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have any more 'running fueds'. Do I? hmm, lets see if I can start one. YTRAIN YOU SUCK!!!

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

The upside is it seems that whoever CSC is having a running fued with gets really hot and starts rolling off some great finishes.

That said will you start a fued with me too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif