PDA

View Full Version : AQs short stacked

jah0550
05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
This was a $30. Blinds were going up on the next hand. Should I fold this and try to steal on the next hand with any two or just push here?
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2050)
UTG (t2677)
MP (t2600)
CO (t800)
Button (t668)
Hero (t1205)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t668 (All-In)</font>
Hero?

Phil Van Sexton
05-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Call and push on any flop.

beeyjay
05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
I would push. MP looks like hes trying to steal without committing too many chips. Button is desperate and I would guess you have him beat.

citanul
05-17-2005, 01:26 PM
this isn't a spot where i prefer to stop and go. in my experience, mp will fold often to a push here, and mp will also be way behind you and call often to a push here. it doesn't seem like a spot where you're necessarilly overly concerned with trying to avoid getting all your money in with the best hand.

i think it's more likely you're ahead of hte original raiser than the pusher, so trying to get the chips in for the side pot is always nice.

&lt;/ramble&gt;

citanul

Phil Van Sexton
05-17-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this isn't a spot where i prefer to stop and go. in my experience, mp will fold often to a push here, and mp will also be way behind you and call often to a push here. it doesn't seem like a spot where you're necessarilly overly concerned with trying to avoid getting all your money in with the best hand.

i think it's more likely you're ahead of hte original raiser than the pusher, so trying to get the chips in for the side pot is always nice.

&lt;/ramble&gt;

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that people would make such a fold, but maybe you are right.

I also just realized that Hero is SB, not BB. With the BB still to act, it's definately a push. My bad.

jgunnip
05-17-2005, 03:02 PM
When your push gets called you'll see AJ and AT a lot here. At least I know I have in similar situations.