PDA

View Full Version : Aggressiveness compared to the hours . It's PARTY POKER HOURS

Ryendal
05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
This poll is to have a better idea of Aggressiveness compared to the hours.
Try to answer by your own experience, and if you have no idea, then choose the ' I don't know ' button /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This poll could be really useful to adapt our play, while multitabling ( for example ), with an average looseness tightness ...

Maulik
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
what buyins are you playing?

poker is easy

Ryendal
05-17-2005, 11:50 AM
11$ to 215$

But I guess my question is really more useful for low buy-in ... Nevertheless the answer should be a good hint for all theses buy-in.
I believe that people is more loose when all US people are playing ... (when we have 70 000 connected on PP)
But it's only my opinion, and I need thoses of others 2+2ers

TheNoodleMan
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
If you are playing 11s and 215s, you are a losing player. Do you see why?

citanul
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but now that you used the cliche, you're going to have to explain it to the room. congrats assclown.

citanul

Big Limpin'
05-17-2005, 01:40 PM
i dont see why

TheNoodleMan
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
if you can beat the 11s but can't beat the 215s, you are throwing away too much on the 215s to make it up on the 11s.
If you can beat the 215s, while you are not a losing player, you are pissing away ev by wasting your time on the 11s.

DeathbySuckout
05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't understand why people start threads asking "What's the best time to play" or "What time do the better players play?"
Most of these questions come from people playing the lower limits, .5/1 or $11 & $22 SnGs.
Why not try playing all different times and learn to beat these people that are playing non-prime time hours? Are you going to spend the rest of your Poker career playing between the hours of 6:00 to 11:00 ET. Don't be afraid to belly up to a table at 9:00 in the morning and sit in with the daily grinders and learn something. Seams like a lot of people lately just want to learn the best time to find easiest fish to beat. Sit down with someone better than you and learn.

citanul
05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you can beat the 11s but can't beat the 215s, you are throwing away too much on the 215s to make it up on the 11s.
If you can beat the 215s, while you are not a losing player, you are pissing away ev by wasting your time on the 11s.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see, so what you were saying here:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was in fact:

i'm an arrogant assholish prick who thinks cliche idiocies are stylish and funny, and though i will later admit that my comment is completely and utterly false and without merit, it makes me feel like a big man to pick on some new guy on the forum. especially 'cause i got to use "Do you see why?" i've never gotten to do that before, woot.

yes?

btw, i totally appreciate the irony of the fact that i'm picking on a new guy on the forum with this post. the difference is that i mean what i say and my post has merit.

citanul

stupidsucker
05-17-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what if you always play the proper level for the bankroll you have behind you. Surely this makes you a losing player for being smart with a low bankroll at the 20s even if you can beat the 215s.

citanul
05-17-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seams like a lot of people lately just want to learn the best time to find easiest fish to beat. Sit down with someone better than you and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

because we play poker to make money.

the forum provides free ways to learn to play better, why pay for the same service?

citanul

DeathbySuckout
05-17-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the forum provides free ways to learn to play better, why pay for the same service?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Because reading isn't enough. How do you gain real learning experience by sitting at tables where you are the best player? Who are you learning from, the fish you're trying to rape? I'm not saying to put yourself in a disadvantage every time you sit down, I mean I love sitting at a table and building chips like everyone else. But I also want to move up to bigger games, and what better way to do that than learning to beat the better players in your game?

TheNoodleMan
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
believe what you want.
My first post may have been a little too simplistic, but the concept does have merit.
Which do you think is more likely, that the OP is a winning 215 player who enjoys slumming, or that he is a live on in the 215s?
Now think about all the players who play both 11s and 215s, what percentage of these players do you think are beating the 215 games?
I'm fairly certain that the OP would be far better off deciding what buy in he should be playing instead of trying to figure out what time of day he should be playing.

vinyard
05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
That, and you are really good at being an [censored]. If this other guy really works on his dismissiveness and condescending tone he might someday be a Jermaine to your Michael.

durron597
05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what better way to do that than learning to beat the better players in your game?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about beating fish in your game long enough that you have a big enough BR to just move up and learn in the next level.

DeathbySuckout
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I guess It's just me then. A bigger bankroll doesn't mean better skills, and I don't like entering a level feeling like I'm on the bottom working my way up. I play off of my confidence not the size of my br.

citanul
05-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I think that the best he'll be able to rate is a Tito. But I may just have a soft spot for Jermaine.

Personally I think that there are a lot of players that if they don't either:

a) pick and choose what hours they play their games

b) vary their buyin level based on the expected levels of competition at that time of day

are missing out on a whole lot of EV. The games are different at different times of day. Given that, players will have different results at different times of day. The best way to handle this sort of thing is to gather some data from your own play and figure out who/what/where/when/why you should play.

all that stuff said,

meh.

to the backpeddling assgoblin currently trying to make it as if his original "DYSW" tainted post had some kind of hidden merit, yeah, we get it, it's possible that a player who moves around the stakes too much is a loser at at least one of the games they play. however, well, it's not like you said anything even close that in your original post in this thread.

citanul

schwza
05-17-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have a 1% roi in the 215s and a 20% in the 11s (or whatever numbers work out), then your ev for both will be the same.

god, i can't believe i just posted in this thread.

Blarg
05-17-2005, 05:48 PM
I can't unify aggressiveness pushing and betting with what I would think of as aggressiveness calling(calling with crap). People who will call with anything will often rarely raise. So I don't really know which box to check. They seem to call with anything until late night hours, but start pushing more aggressively after that.

All just anecdotal observation anyway. I don't think this poll could come up with anything useful besides a little amusement.

Blarg
05-17-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was in fact:

i'm an arrogant assholish prick who thinks cliche idiocies are stylish and funny, and though i will later admit that my comment is completely and utterly false and without merit, it makes me feel like a big man to pick on some new guy on the forum. especially 'cause i got to use "Do you see why?" i've never gotten to do that before, woot.

yes?

btw, i totally appreciate the irony of the fact that i'm picking on a new guy on the forum with this post. the difference is that i mean what i say and my post has merit.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

heheh Citanul is back

stupidsucker
05-17-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess It's just me then. A bigger bankroll doesn't mean better skills, and I don't like entering a level feeling like I'm on the bottom working my way up. I play off of my confidence not the size of my br.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that, after just having said...
[ QUOTE ]
Seams like a lot of people lately just want to learn the best time to find easiest fish to beat. Sit down with someone better than you and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yugoslavian
05-17-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was in fact:

yes?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, citanul's back!!!

Yugoslav
Thank goodness your vacation and manners didn't last forever...now I can go back to vicariously slamming every other post(er) through you, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Ryendal
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was away. Thank you for the feedback.
Well, No, I'm not a losing player. I like to play some 11$ for fun.

But I saw GIGABET playing some 22$ and 33$, do you mean he's a losing player ?

Before all, I know better than you if I'm a losing player, and that's why your reply was so funny... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ryendal
05-17-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All just anecdotal observation anyway. I don't think this poll could come up with anything useful besides a little amusement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I know there is more agressiveness sometimes, and it depends of the social background of people playing on PP.
Sorry, it's really hard for me to explain some subtle concepts since english is not at all my natural language.

So my idea is when for example Europeans are playing, the play is really tighter than when it's Americans ...

Eventually, I'm agree with the result I can see now --> 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM players are really more agressive, so we have to adapt our play.

It's well known that we have to be agressive with a tight table and reciprocally.

That is one purpose of this poll.

Agree ?