PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on 2 hands?

bostondave
05-17-2005, 10:52 AM
I had absolutely nothing for the hi, and was fairly sure my lo was getting quartered...is this a decent play? I would've raised the river with 4 or more players in the pot...

Also, should I have raised preflop? Or does that scream "I HAVE ACE-DUECE" in the bb?

Party Poker (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
I call UTG, MP and SB call behind me

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
2 checks to me, I bet, 1 fold, 3 calls

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, BB folds.
2 checks to me, I bet, raised behind me, first checker calls, second folds

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
checked to me, I check, LP bets, 2 calls.
Final Pot: 13BB

Couldn't figure out how to get the converter to display the results, but I took the lo by myself.

How about this one? Looking for comments on the flop play, and the check/call on the river. I put the original raiser on a busted low on the flop, and figured my 2 pair + flush draw was the best hand.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.
UTG raises, I call, LP calls, SB calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
2 checks to me, I bet, LP folds, 2 calls

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Check to me, I bet, SB calls, other guy folds

River: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, I call

Final Pot: 10 BB

J high flush held up, live A was no good for the lo

Thanks!

Beavis68
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I cant win on party this year, and the second hand may be why, I would have check-folded on the flop.

bostondave
05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Why would you check-fold? This is a 2/4 game, if that matters...

GooperMC
05-17-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, should I have raised preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
You should almost never raise A2 from EP (AA2 is the only exception). A2 is a drawing hand and you want as many people in the pot as you can get. A raise from EP will just push people out of the pot which is exactly what you don't want.

Hand1:
Overall I like the way that you played this.

[ QUOTE ]
I would've raised the river with 4 or more players in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
I might have raised this anyway depending on position (I can't really tell from your post) and your opponents. This board has lots of high potential, multiple str8s and a flush, so I wasn't surprised that your opponents were both chasing the high and you took the low yourself.

Think about it this way. If you raise the river and get 1/4ed in a 3 way you will lose 1/4 of a BB. If you raise the river and take the low you will gain 1/2 a BB. That means if you get quartered less then 2 times in 3 you will make money.

Like I said this depends on if a raise will scare out the 3rd person (this is position dependant) and how bad these players are.

Hand 2:
Check fold the flop. On the flop you have bottom two and a J high flush draw on a board with 2 low cards. You have two mediocre draws and most likely if you win this high you are going to have to split this pot with someone else. What card on the turn would really make you happy?

The pot is only 4BB and the majority of the time you are going to be drawing for ½ the pot (the low will complete 72% of the time). If you have to call a flop, turn, and river bet you are going to have to call 2.5BBs to win 4.5. Do you really want to be doing that with a J high flush or bottom boat. Even worse you are drawing to it.

This is a case of a great hand vs. a horrible flop. You have to get away from hands like these.

toots
05-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I think I'd also check-fold the second on the flop, unless I had a fairly good reason to believe that a semi-LP flop raise would scare the others out of the pot or narrow it down to heads up.

But, with potentially three better flush draws out there, I'm not sure how successful that'd be under most cases.

Other than that, what do you have? Fourth best flush draw, a runner-runner draw to what probably won't be the nut low and a four-outer to a rather dismal full house. Against three other players, it just doesn't seem like it has much of a future.

I hate these flops. So far, I've only gotten AA23 three times, never double suited, and every farkin' time I get it, I end up being double counterfeited on the flop - always the 23 and never the AA.

It's just one of those little things about Omaha that makes you wanna punch out your monitor.

templar999
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
boston,

on the second hand, would you have played it the same way on the turn/river if you realized you didnt have a low?

Ironman
05-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Boston,

For better or for worse, hand number 1 is a spot where I am adding in a raise. In the blinds, I'm pretty sure that 90% of the players (if not all of them) will play for the second bet.

Is that a value bet...yeah, I guess so, with the loose bad players down at .5/1 and 1/2.

I'm not worried about them putting me on an A 2 here. In fact, I would love a 2 on the flop so that when it is checked around to me and I come out betting, that people put me on something like A A rather than the nut low.

Good luck,
Dave

GooperMC
05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm confused his HH history says that he is UTG in hand 1.

Ironman
05-17-2005, 04:11 PM
I could have screwed up position again Goop...it's been one of those days.

I took the statement "Does a raise scream A 2" in the bb mean that he was actually in the big blind and the converter wasn't working.

But, I could be WAY off base today.

I need to get out of the office and get online quick. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

GooperMC
05-17-2005, 04:40 PM
You are right the original post is conflicting.

My play would be:
EP: Limp
BB: Raise