PDA

View Full Version : Good fold on 4th?

Roland
05-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Seat 2 is Ponchoo555, seat 4 is Beermoney. Beer’s a total shark /images/graemlins/mad.gif

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___DID___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

River

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks

Results:

Seat 2: balance $414.5, lost $71 [ 4c Ac Qc 2c 5d 2h 7h ] [ a pair of twos --
Seat 4: balance $286.5, bet $71, collected $168, net +$97 [ 5s Kh 5c Ad 3c 3s 7d

lstream
05-17-2005, 11:23 AM
lol - you don't wan't to get caught in the cross fire between Beer and good ole Ponchoo. That was a great raise by Beer on third. With a dead queen, and knowing the history of the two opponents, I would likely have folded too, maybe even on third. I would be convinced that all hell was about to break loose, and that I would be stuck chasing with a marginal hand. I would also have credited Beer to have a better hand than he had. He is a shark.

Then again I would have been wrong in this case, so what do I know. Beer if your listening - nice play.

Bartholow
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Which players were just arguing that you shouldn't try to isolate with underpair and overcard kicker? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would almost always at least see 5th here but I don't think folding is out of the question.

Roland
05-17-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which players were just arguing that you shouldn't try to isolate with underpair and overcard kicker? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there was a thread about it a couple of days ago , but it only got two replies. Kind of sad, since it’s a fascinating topic.

Michael Emery
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I wouldnt have folded fourth for the reason that beer is a shark, and having played a great deal with him I dont think hes raising third with 5A5 when a dead ace is in plain sight. He can correct me if he reads this and he actually would have. Therefore the ace dosent scare me as much as a king would on fourth. I would have put beer on what he had (5K5), pocket kings, or a pair of fives with a strait flush kicker trying to play against dead queens. I guess I also have to throw in a three flush like K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif since beer has been known to love jamming with three flushes on third when he drinks......and when hes sober. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Beer played this hand perfectly.

Mike Emery