PDA

View Full Version : AA meets good action? or too much?

wdeadwyler
05-17-2005, 06:06 AM
CO is an uberlag. I have seen him go way to far with very bad cards at least 3 times already, the fact that he is in the hand is meaningless, except he MAY have a flush draw (he may also have a small PP, pair draw, etc.) BB is relatively unknown to me. I feel I was to passive here. I am too used to No Limit

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (13.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

@bsolute_luck
05-17-2005, 06:11 AM
CO isn't my real concern at this point. It's BB. either he too is a LAG or has something that beats a pair of Aces. hand looks fine to me.

the question would also be then, if CO bets the river and BB calls, what do you do?

wdeadwyler
05-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Is a raise on the turn out of the question. I didnt really like the river, and would HATE to get checkraised (unlikely, i think, given BB's line, now that I think about it)

bigalt
05-17-2005, 06:32 AM
i'm thinking BB is showing a set or KK.

i always decide to call down when he has KK and go to war when he's got the set.

Without a read I'll call down from a BB that only had to call one bet to see the flop. If it were the button or something, I'd say put another bet in on the turn or the river.

wdeadwyler
05-17-2005, 06:39 AM
BB doesnt have KK, he woulda reraised preflop. i think set is MUCH more likely. Why are we going to war against the hand that beats us (the set)and calling down the hand we are beating (the unlikely KK)?

dozer
05-17-2005, 06:39 AM
why did you choose to checkraise instead of betting the flop? Betting out is better IMO you risk giving a free card by going for the checkraise.

I would raise the turn, your hand is probably still the best and you want to punish the CO for going too far with his bad cards.

If I raised the turn and didn't get reraised, then I would bet this river. If I got reraised on the turn then I would just call down or let it check through.

@bsolute_luck
05-17-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is a raise on the turn out of the question. I didnt really like the river, and would HATE to get checkraised (unlikely, i think, given BB's line, now that I think about it)

[/ QUOTE ]

oop, i did miss your check on the flop. you need to bet. and to answer your question: BB has check/raised/capped. i wouldn't bet the turn, no. i'm thinking set and if CO is on a flush draw, raising is probably not going to fold him. call down.

bigalt
05-17-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB doesnt have KK, he woulda reraised preflop. i think set is MUCH more likely. Why are we going to war against the hand that beats us (the set)and calling down the hand we are beating (the unlikely KK)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I always make the wrong decision.

You're right, he probably doesn't have KK. I still don't think it's dumpable.

wdeadwyler
05-17-2005, 06:56 AM
I c/raisd because I thought CO would bet this flop with almost any two cards when it was checked to him. I kinda didn't mind giving a free card too much here, since a flush draw and str8 draw were coming along neway, and I dont see ne possible gutshot draws (though with CO you can never know). Ive been responding to this thread WAAAAAY to much so Im gonna go to sleep and let you guys go to work on my weird play, now that you know my weird reasoning.

dozer
05-17-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I c/raisd because I thought CO would bet this flop with almost any two cards when it was checked to him. I kinda didn't mind giving a free card too much here, since a flush draw and str8 draw were coming along neway, and I dont see ne possible gutshot draws (though with CO you can never know). Ive been responding to this thread WAAAAAY to much so Im gonna go to sleep and let you guys go to work on my weird play, now that you know my weird reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should ALWAYS mind giving a free card that beats you when you have the best hand. Also, checkraising accomplishes nothing but make the pot huge where you have a vulnerable hand. Your goal is to try and protect your hand here, not build the pot.

Betting doesn't protect your hand either against a flush draw, but wouldn't you hate to give a free card to someone and have them make a ragged 2 pair that cracks your aces. You will be giving them infinate odds to draw and they are making money off you because they have not made a mistake by taking a free card to make thier 2 pair if it happens.