PDA

View Full Version : 6 max website

T-REX
05-17-2005, 05:52 AM
Im building a website teaching people how to play 6 max/ 5 max poker.
Is it worth linking to threads in this forum or just writing articles, charts, etc on different aspects of shorthanded poker.

Im a full ring player generally but have gathered alot of information from this forum and the archives, does anyone know where I stand on copying and pasting what people have written in a forum? If not allowed thats not a problem.

Also what would anyone want in website based on 6 max limit texas holdem? Any favourite threads you can recommend?

Im average website designer, but Im very good at getting sites high in the search engines for key terms so I know can get it alot of exposure.

wowacedude
05-17-2005, 05:56 AM
-EV /images/graemlins/grin.gif

T-REX
05-17-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

So what about all the books on full ring limit holdem and all the websites.

mungpo
05-17-2005, 06:22 AM
What are you offering that these forums don't?

mungpo
05-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Forgot to add: www.poker.favos.nl/ (http://www.poker.favos.nl/) is a very useful SH website.

T-REX
05-17-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you offering that these forums don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be alot easier for a beginner to find an answer to there questions.

In a forum like this some questions by beginners get ignored or minimal responses because the question is asked time and time again,

Some experts dont answer in certain threads as they have answered the question a few times before.

However if I pool all this information and the theory behind shorthanded tight aggressive play it will be a very useful resource.

Subby
05-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I think this will be a tough site to pull together in any kind of coherent, useful way. The majority of useful information I have seen on HUSH is in this forum and one chapter in HEFAP.

The best way to learn is through working...working through the archive, through the latest posts, analyzing hands, contributing to discussion. As attractive as a "clearinghouse" for 6m info might sound to some, you really already have that here in a much richer format...

T-REX
05-17-2005, 11:17 AM
thats where I disagree,

Yes all the info is here on this forum, but finding it and realising that it is from a reliable source is not so easy.

Subby
05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
It isn't supposed to be easy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wynton
05-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Go for it, T-Rex. If you can make this information more accessible, more power to you.

emonrad87
05-17-2005, 01:39 PM
In all honesty, your site isn't going to be very good. Too little can be learned from a guide in shorthanded poker. Why do you think there's no books about it? Its way too read specific, and that's why a forum is really the only way to go.

Oh, and read the 2+2 TOS for the answer to a couple of your questions.