PDA

View Full Version : MTT results

JaBlue
05-17-2005, 04:51 AM
I'm sure this has been beaten to death before but the search function didn't yield any results. If you can find the other posts where people discuss this then post a link and I'll humbly look there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Anyway, some questions for those of us that have logged quite a few MTTs:

How often do you

a) make the money
b) make the final table
c) get in a top position, say 1-3

Also if you regularly play a tournament with a typical field size, please say what the field size is in B and C.

In the last 100 tournaments I've played I would guess that I've:

Made the money 25 times
Final tabled 10 times
Won two times

in 400-person 50$ tourneys.

These numbers are inaccurate and I plan to keep better records.

Anyway, what are your numbers?

bugstud
05-17-2005, 04:53 AM
I play 1k+ fields in all buyin ranges and spectacularly flameout or lose headsuo

JaBlue
05-17-2005, 04:56 AM
what % of the time are you making the final table in these fields?

What % of the time are you squeaking into the money?

bugstud
05-17-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what % of the time are you making the final table in these fields?

What % of the time are you squeaking into the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

um, I very rarely squeak in. Call it 5-10% of the time I make it I'll bust right away taking a +ev situation trying to win it.

I have no idea on actual numbers, but they have been ass recently and ridonkulous before.

Whitey
05-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Last year I started keeping accurate records of my comps.(It was also my 2nd year of playing)

Total Comps = 290
% In the money = 23%
% Final Tables = 6%
Total wins = 3 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The buy in varied from 10 - 500 bucks,fields between 200 and 2000+.

I made 23K last year,but I won more comps in my first 8 months online than I did in the next 12(last year).However I final tabled in the 200 for 8.5K and finished in the top 3 four times in one month for 10K profit in that month.

So for 10 months of the year I basically ticked over,winning a little,losing a little.
I have become a lot more 'final table' orientated this year though,and while my cashes have gone down my final table % has increased.(19 cashes 8 final tables) I have also had LLLOOONNNNGGG losing streaks,which not only affected my confidence but my overall play.

Trying to follow the advice from the respected posters on here I became far to LAG.This is not neccessarily a bad thing but when you start making bad calls it is.
I analysed my game and realised I used to make marginal +EV calls all the time,but in a effort to not let any get away I was making far too many -EV calls.Since tightening up a little I have started to cash on a regular basis again but I am going deeper into the money.

Benal
05-17-2005, 03:27 PM
I started keeping a monthly spreadsheet of my MTT results back in mid March. I'll post my April results when I get home from work in a few hours.