PDA

View Full Version : Poker in San Jose

bruce
12-04-2002, 01:17 PM
I will be in San Jose for the first time on business with a considerable amount of
free time next week. Where can I play hold-em 20-40 or higher? Where are the best games?
Bruce

J.A.Sucker
12-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Bay 101 is really hopping now. Within the last few days they changed all of their limits around - no more 2/3 blind games. Last night, they had 3 or 4 20-40 games, 2 40-80 games, and also a 9-18. All of these games were quite good. Strangely, they were much looser than the 15-30 games (or 30-60) for comparison. I guess people see all those chips in the pot and go crazy. There were rumblings about an 80-160, but I don't think they'll get that down. They used to have spread limit, but it's gone now, I think.

Garden City is also in San Jo, and has 20-40 games that are usually great. However, they are probably gonna get killed by the Bay changing limits.

You can also go up the Peninsula for no limit at Lucky Chances (Colma, which is S San Fran). Good luck.

DanS
12-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Hi,
I have a quick question for you (assuming you have the time/inclination to answer). It stems from your response to a post about Bay 101. BTW, nice choice on Stanford! My mom got her JD there and my dad got his MD.

Anyway...
Can you tell me more about the changes at Bay 101 (you can post it instead if you like). Little background...I'm a recent college grad (Davis) trying to step up to 15-30 and 20-40. I f'n refuse to play 6-12 with a $3+1 charge and my only options are 9-18 at LC and CSP, so a 9-18 would be rad (did I really just use the word 'rad' in conversation? Yikes!). Do you know what prompted the change? Everytime I ask about 9-18 at Bay 101, I basically get laughed at. If they were to keep spreading it, that would be great to have as an intermediate limit. The only problem is that 15-30 is still a lot more comfortable to me than 20, so would that leave the Oaks and AJ's as the only consistent 15 in the Bay Area?

Thanks,
Dan