PDA

View Full Version : Play a different style

Jack Oscar
05-17-2005, 12:48 AM
I have been reading for a while now how the only way to play the 5-10 is TAG with VPIP of ~25 and PFR of 15-20.

I must say I play a very different game. I play much more passively than this, with a PFR of ~10.
I also play more passively than most posters on later streets. I find there are so many habitual bluffers in heads up situations where the villain will bet basically 0 outs that I am happy to call down with my AT on a non drawy board.

FWIW I have 40K hands in and a win rate of 2.1 some may say I am just lucky but I think there is a more passive bluff inducing strategy to this game that works for me.

I know it sounds sinful but against guys who defend religiously from their BB, I often find myself limping from Button and Sb with weakish aces and hands like qto.

From the SB I then almost always bet the flop, and bet when checked to from the Button.

Have not figured out how to use the converter, so I will post hands when I do.

But my basic question is there another way to profitably play this game.

wrto4556
05-17-2005, 12:54 AM
How passive/aggressive you are is all player dependent...board dependent...

Very broad question.

jwg152
05-17-2005, 01:21 AM
I agree with you that bluff inducing is a highly profitable strategy at 5/10 Party, but you have to know when and against whom to use it. Your winrate suggests that you do...
But IMO, I would get your pre-flop aggresion up - and bluff induce on the turn and river.

BreakEvenPlayer
05-17-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it sounds sinful but against guys who defend religiously from their BB, I often find myself limping from Button and Sb with weakish aces and hands like qto.

From the SB I then almost always bet the flop, and bet when checked to from the Button.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's guys like you that solid players make a lot of money off of.

inanevoyage
05-17-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's guys like you that solid players make a lot of money off of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree with that, but there's merit to his idea. My 11% pfr is doing very, very well at 5/10 Stars.