PDA

View Full Version : $30 buy in, 20 person tourney woes

MasterShakin
05-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Howdy all...

I'm going to make my first post with basically a complaint to the poker gods, but there is a question too.
After climbing back from some early bad beats I had $6K of the $20K available, two others had roughly the same with one short stack. After forcing the issue preflop from the big blind, the small blind called my Ks. The board was K,Q,x and I was all ready to take $12K into the money. Well, almost. Disconnect. I can't help but wonder where the guilt for this lies; I run a reliable inet connection and was able to connect to the web when this went down.
Upon my return I took out the short stack with top pair K, Q kick. But my final opponent takes out my would be trip Ks victim and has a 13-7K chip lead. A slight misplay with trip Js, he lands a flush one higher and takes me out. Boo me.

Anyway, the question: Is anyone else suspect of disconnects?, specifically at Pacific. It seems to happen too often at inopportune times for chance, but then it is real easy to remember those especially unlucky moments.

I suppose I'm going to have to adjust my play to these odds now... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hope this is the right forum. Peace all,
-Shake