PDA

View Full Version : Math program question

ilya
05-17-2005, 12:07 AM
I am trying to get a better sense of the relationship between # of players left and necessary win% to make a push (from, say, CO) profitable for a given called% when all players have YxBB left. Profitable from the ICM's perspective, anyway.

Can anyone point me to a (preferably free) math program that would draw nice graphs for me after I plugged some numbers into it?

I guess I shouldn't be, but I still am a little surprised at just how much neccesary-win% goes up as the number of players goes down (for pushing from CO with everyone at 5xBB and getting called 30% of the time, for example, it's 38% for 4 players -- but only 20% for 10 players!)

Maulik
05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
i haven't used pokerstove, but isn't this essentially what you want?

ilya
05-17-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i haven't used pokerstove, but isn't this essentially what you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I'm not trying to figure out win% of certain hands against certain ranges of hands....I'm trying to visualize the relationship between number of players left and necessary win% to make a push ICM-profitable against a given range of calling hands.

Scuba Chuck
05-17-2005, 03:44 AM
Well, I can see you're heading in the right direction. I don't understand why you continue to believe that calling standards are 30%.

In terms of free software, why couldn't you just use excel?