PDA

View Full Version : Follow up to my cash flow question

James Boston
05-17-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm flipping through One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch and he's talking about viewing the "10 Year Financial Summary" in companies' annual reports, but I can't find a 10 year financial summary on any 10K fillings. Where do I get this information? It look like exactly what I'm looking for.

RunDownHouse
05-17-2005, 09:40 AM
I responded to your OOT post as well, but as a followup: most 10Ks will have a 5-year summary of selected financial data. Its usually before you get to the consolidated statements, up in the MD&A somewhere.

I deal with 10Ks most of the day as part of my job. What exactly are you looking for?

GeorgeF
05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
1) www.sec.gov (http://www.sec.gov) has all available filings, this is the best source

2) subscribe to a service that provides these

3) subscribe to a newsletter that does the work for you

4) investor relations might help

James Boston
05-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, I really didn't know what I was looking for until I saw the 10 year summary in Lynch's book. It was a very concise summary that didn't require pouring over all the numbers in the 10K. Specifically, it had a very to-the-point cash flow statement that I have noticed some 10ks exclude (or I overlooked).

RunDownHouse
05-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Well, if its something specific you're looking for, like certain non-cash addbacks, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, I don't really know how to help you look for whatever it is you need.