PDA

View Full Version : Odd Times at Sporting Bet...(Zero Content)

Schwartzy61
05-16-2005, 11:44 PM
So I sit down for my first session at Sporting Bet, I'm playing .25/.50 game with 7+ in on every pot. These games are super loose and very passive. So I naturally proceed to lose 70 BB in 4 hours, or -35BB/100 hands. Some amazingly strange things happened to create that kind of downswing. 12 PP, 1 win, 0 sets. Lost 3 times with QQ, twice to AA. Variance is a bitch, this really wasn't much a problem to me and I don't want to complain about it...

Anyway, I take my schedule break, watch the last Raymond and some baseball. Decide to go back at it.

I'm sitting at a table for 30 minutes, and am doing quite well, got back about half my money woohoo. I and others at the table did notice a statistical oddity. In those 30 minutes pocket aces had been dealt to the table about 6 times. It was like 25% of the pots had AA in it. And again I was dealt QQ and was against AA. That's 3 times tonight in less than 300 hands I was dealt QQ and someone was dealt AA, that just seems freakish.

After the first session, and then all the AA in the second I feel like I am in some kind of Twilight Zone poker room.

Ah well, I will return you to your regularly scheduled programming now, like I said absolute no content in this post I apologize if you wasted your time reading this...