PDA

View Full Version : How to reel in a suspected fish.

KenProspero
05-16-2005, 11:29 PM
mid stages of a cheap sng.

Hero and Villian have about average stacks.

Hero has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the BB

several limpers, hero checks.

Flop comes /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gifblank.

Hero checks, mp bets, all othr limpers fold to Hero.

At this point, pot odds are just shy of 4-1, but it's worth a call.

Turn is no help to either. MP again bets, this time leaving me just over 4-1, Hero calls.

River comes through with a spade, no pair on the board, so I'm looking at the nuts.

MP mini bets.

My analysis -- MP is probably a major fish. He's left me with pot odds to call on a draw (forget about implied odds) each time, and when the third spade comes down, he's mini betting. The question -- is he a real idiot (in which case he'll call the all-in bet I want to make), or should I assume he's not that stupid and make a small-medium size raise.

Any thoughts?

Maulik
05-16-2005, 11:32 PM
what are the blinds, what is the size of the pot?

nuclear500
05-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Mid-stages, so blinds are about 75/150 50/100 maybe? Pot is at about 450-600, mp bets, you don't qualify the amount so I'm gonna say about 150-200. On the river he min-bets(?) again so the pot is at probably 800-1000. I put in about 450, just shy of half pot but enough for him to maybe think two pair or top pair may be good.

We're lookin' for him to have a King high or Queen high flush and him pushing. Either way, you have the hand and don't want to scare him out. Don't throw rocks in the pond, throw some biggish stones.

KenProspero
05-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I apologize, this was a few days ago, and I didn't record the hand history.

Pot was a bit bigger. From memory, Flop bet was 300, so there must have been about 800 in the pot when MP bet, 1100 when I bet (I was getting a bit less than 4-1). Turn bet was 400 -- making it a 400 bet against an 1800 pot.

Each of us had about 1200 - 1300 chips going into the River.