PDA

View Full Version : Push Calling Standards at the $55s

Unarmed
05-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Blinds 150/300.
Stacks 2000 each.
No one has done anything out of the ordinary yet.
No one has any reads
You push 2 cards on the button.
What will BB call you with pretty much every time? (i.e.: you'll probably get called by 78s 20% of the time but disregard that)

Basically I'm asking what your base calling range is (i.e.: your starting point) at the $55s. I'm using:

A7+ (suited or not)
Any 2 broadway (suited or not)
55+

1C5
05-17-2005, 12:16 AM
I think it depends too much on each player to have a "base calling range" One guy might fold 99 and another will make a spite call with 76. Like PVS might do. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unarmed
05-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Definitely. This is about having a starting point from which to add or subtract hands based on the situation. I'm surprised this isn't getting more replies, a players without this information is pretty much playing in the dark.

Phil Van Sexton
05-17-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 150/300.
Stacks 2000 each.
No one has done anything out of the ordinary yet.
No one has any reads
You push 2 cards on the button.
What will BB call you with pretty much every time? (i.e.: you'll probably get called by 78s 20% of the time but disregard that)

[/ QUOTE ]

If the standard is "pretty much every time", I'd go with...
AT+
77+

Unarmed
05-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks Phil.

I typed this in about 10 seconds this morning and should have been more careful with my wording. If I slice off the bottom and top 5% of players on the loose/tight scale I think I would end up with a range bounded by:

Tight: 77+, AT+
Loose: A7+, 55+, any two broadway

I would think most players would fall somewhere in between. I'm probably at AQ+, TT+ given the situation outlined, but I think this would fall in the top 5% in terms of "tightness". Does that sound about right or am I off here?

shejk
05-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Equal, pretty deep stacks with a push from the button...

I'd say tight 5% doesn't call with ATo. More like AQo+, 99+. tight 10-15% might be AT+ 77+.

Phil Van Sexton
05-17-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Phil.

I typed this in about 10 seconds this morning and should have been more careful with my wording. If I slice off the bottom and top 5% of players on the loose/tight scale I think I would end up with a range bounded by:

Tight: 77+, AT+
Loose: A7+, 55+, any two broadway

I would think most players would fall somewhere in between. I'm probably at AQ+, TT+ given the situation outlined, but I think this would fall in the top 5% in terms of "tightness". Does that sound about right or am I off here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that tight is "AQ+, TT+" and loose is "A7+, 55+, any two broadway".

Therefore, my vote for "AT+, 77+" pretty much splits the difference.

IMO, people are pretty hestitant to risk a $2000 stack on the bubble in the 55s. Most would rather fold into the money than challenge you with QT.