PDA

View Full Version : public service announcement....important!!!!

Alobar
05-16-2005, 11:17 PM
If you are on the Interstate, and are driving in the left lane and NOT passing someone, you are a piece of [censored]. You deserve to be run off the road, dragged from your vehicle, and beaten senseless.

But Alobar, this is common sense, only women and old people do that, right? WRONG!! I just spent 8 hours today driving on the highway, and prolly at least half the people on the road were just cruising down the left lane. WTF?? Do people not take drivers Ed anymore?

One time I was stuck behind like a line of 5 cars, all driving in the left lane. Like a mile goes by and I dont see any car in the right lane fall by. Surely there has to be someone over there, why else would all these morons be in the left lane. So I edge over and look. Not a car in [censored] sight. I swear I passed almost as many people on the right today as I did the left.

The word needs to be spread. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

tbach24
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Alobar, this is common sense, only women and old people do that, right? WRONG!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This part made me laugh.

zephed56
05-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Move to Germany, I think they have a law where if you are in the left lane and someone is coming up on you, you MUST let them pass.

istewart
05-16-2005, 11:21 PM
They also have a law that if you're not Aryan, you die.

rusellmj
05-16-2005, 11:22 PM
They have this fixed in some of Euro countries. You're not allowed to pass on the right there. People get the f**k outa your way.

NLSoldier
05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They also have a law that if you're not Aryan, you die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with that?

<font color="white"> no flames plz, only joking... </font>

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But Alobar, this is common sense, only women and old people do that, right? WRONG!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This part made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Oski
[ QUOTE ]
Move to Germany, I think they have a law where if you are in the left lane and someone is coming up on you, you MUST let them pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

The law is that you drive in the right lane and pass in the left lane.

If you are going 140km+, however, you usually just stay in the left lane and only move over when someone is coming up on you.

You can never, ever, pass in the right lane.

You can also go to jail for flipping someone the bird.

fluxrad
05-16-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One time I was stuck behind like a line of 5 cars, all driving in the left lane. Like a mile goes by and I dont see any car in the right lane fall by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone ever notice it's the guys that sit in the left lane that always complain about people driving in the left lane?

Why weren't you in the right lane?

Why were you stuck behind these cars if the right lane was completely free?

Hmmm?

Benholio
05-16-2005, 11:24 PM
I will ride the left lane if there is fairly constant right-lane traffic that would cause me to have to keep passing people.

However, I definately move over to the right if someone comes up behind me, rather than make them pass me.

skoal2k4
05-16-2005, 11:25 PM
CO just passed a law making it illegal to drive in the left lane unless you are passing someone... I haven't heard about it being enforced too much though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tbach24
05-16-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This part made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You often confuse me, but I have never been more confused by you in my life.

2+2 wannabe
05-16-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This part made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but 2+2 wannabe, this is common sense, only retards make posts with one word that goes for 59 letters like the one above, right? RIGHT!!!

fluxrad
05-16-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO just passed a law making it illegal to drive in the left lane unless you are passing someone... I haven't heard about it being enforced too much though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only where the speed limit is 65 or over, which basically rules out most of the metro area.

Alobar
05-16-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One time I was stuck behind like a line of 5 cars, all driving in the left lane. Like a mile goes by and I dont see any car in the right lane fall by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone ever notice it's the guys that sit in the left lane that always complain about people driving in the left lane?

Why weren't you in the right lane?

Hmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

well first off, I was doing 90ish the whole way, so I didnt spend much time in the right lane. But I actually know how to drive, and still drive down the right side when im not passing, or if someone comes up on me (which is rare) I get in the right lane so they can pass me.

Anyway...in the case I described, I was in the left lane behind the afore mentioned morons because there was a semi in the right lane they were all passing, we pass the semi and then no one moved over, so I assumed there were more cars there. Nope, just morons who didnt move back over.

jdl22
05-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Were you in Washington by chance?

Alobar
05-16-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. Went through New Mexcio, part of Texas, and then Arizona

zephed56
05-16-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going 140km+, however, you usually just stay in the left lane and only move over when someone is coming up on you.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be great if that were the rule on the 405.

Jazza
05-16-2005, 11:44 PM
i thought is was illegal for you guys in the states to drive in the left lane while not passing anyone

no? or is it just in some states not others? it's the law in australia (but switched, you pass on the right)

Alobar
05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought is was illegal for you guys in the states to drive in the left lane while not passing anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont actually know if its illegal or not. Guess im a moron who should have paid more attention in drivers ED /images/graemlins/smile.gif I do know that its not "correct", dunno if youd actually get a ticket for it, Ive never heard of anyone getting one tho.

bholdr
05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are on the Interstate, and are driving in the left lane and NOT passing someone, you are a piece of [censored]. You deserve to be run off the road, dragged from your vehicle, and beaten senseless.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES. FULLY. i drive a vw buss, and even i need to pass sometimes.

05-16-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in that order I presume? Texas drivers blow.

Michael Davis
05-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Actually, it is illegal to drive in the left lane, which is technically a passing lane. At least in Michigan and I suspect everywhere. I know this because the Michigan State Police used to give black people these tickets all the time. I think being in the left lane for more than a mile is against the law.

-Michael

Alobar
05-16-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, yeah it was in that order, good luck on figuring it out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree, I ahvent been all over the US, but im my experience Texas is by far the worst when it comes to drivers. Which sucks because the drive across texas is like 10 hours, and is the WORST drive ive ever done.

But I hate Texas all together, so my view is prolly slanted by that prejudice.

razor
05-17-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The left lane is the pass side

The right lane is the suicide

05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, yeah it was in that order, good luck on figuring it out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree, I ahvent been all over the US, but im my experience Texas is by far the worst when it comes to drivers. Which sucks because the drive across texas is like 10 hours, and is the WORST drive ive ever done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very confused... you didn't go NM, TX, NM, AZ?

zephed56
05-17-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES. FULLY. i drive a vw buss, and even i need to pass sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
The power is in the Heads (http://aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=EHD0012&amp;cartid=)

Alobar
05-17-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very confused... you didn't go NM, TX, NM, AZ?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, you got me. Thats what I did, I forgot to add the other NM part. I thought u meant I went texas, NM, AZ. Which is what most people logically assume.

DCJ311
05-17-2005, 01:28 AM
I live in Houston, which is major metropolitan, and the people there drive like total retards. No one has a clue of proper spacing, they don't use turn signals, and there's plenty of slow drivers in the left lane of the freeways.

Once you get out in the boondocks of Texas, it just gets worse. Only a handful of people drive properly on interstate highways, and it's a pain in the ass to go from central/south Texas out to New Mexico, since it's all 65 mph speed limits and country police style speed traps out in West Texas. At least in New Mexico (another crappy place to drive, or live in), the speed limits are 70-75. I drove from Houston to Las Vegas in the winter and wanted to promptly kill myself afterwards for doing it.

ethan
05-17-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be great if that were the rule on the 405.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you're driving in the left lane and don't pull over for someone they'll stay about 3 feet off your bumper, honk at you and flash their lights. It's pretty sweet, I (sincerely) wish we had the same system here. I'm sick of seeing 5 lanes of traffic going the same speed.

edit - I live in LA, about 5 blocks from the 405. I might have less angst were I not in a city with quite so many morans.

daveymck
05-17-2005, 04:14 AM
I drive 500 miles a week on UK motorways we have the same retards here even on the 3 lane streches. Coming home last week empty 3 lane strech I am doing my usual 85 all the way cruise control on some dickhead doing 50 in lane 3. Flashed my lights he didnt move so I move to lane 1 and undertook him.

We have worse people who sit in lane 2 and wont move for anyone, its idiots like that that cause accidents not the people going fast. Fot these people my favourite move is pull out form lane 1 into the overtaking lane 2 flash at them give them a chance to move if they dont then into lane 3 pass them then cut right across them back into lane 1 and pull ahead. But then I do drive a beemer and we are known for being shits on the road.

NutCrackerr
05-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Driving in the left lane for more than a mile is illegal in Illinois. However, I've never actually heard of anyone getting a ticket for it. They just passed the law like a year ago.

superleeds
05-17-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm normally quite liberal in my views but this is spot on.

jakethebake
05-17-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How could your op be so spot on when you;re clearly an idiot?

jakethebake
05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Texas drivers blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is largely correct. However, it wasn't the case before all the bad drivers moved down from the North.

jakethebake
05-17-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in Houston, which is major metropolitan, and the people there drive like total retards. No one has a clue of proper spacing, they don't use turn signals, and there's plenty of slow drivers in the left lane of the freeways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Houston traffic sucks ass.

Oski
05-17-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

edit - I live in LA, about 5 blocks from the 405. I might have less angst were I not in a city with quite so many morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also live in L.A., and unfortunately a man named Moran was the best man at my wedding.

He was a good driver though.

spamuell
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We have worse people who sit in lane 2 and wont move for anyone, its idiots like that that cause accidents not the people going fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fot these people my favourite move is pull out form lane 1 into the overtaking lane 2 flash at them give them a chance to move if they dont then into lane 3 pass them then cut right across them back into lane 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave...

But, I do agree that people are idiots and undertaking becomes a necessity. even if it is illegal. I do it the whole time because otherwise I'd be stuck behind people who have no idea where the speed cameras are for hours.

daveymck
05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
The problem with undertaking is these are the same idiots who will pull back into lane 1 without looking in their mirrors.

Maulik
05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
I got my licesce suspended for speeding too much