PDA

View Full Version : I need some feedback

ripped
05-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I am not sure why but for some strange reason when playing sng's I am either on fire or stinking up the joint. I dont seem to have an "average" day. It seems my ROI is either -5% - 8% or it's like 35%- who knows what.. Why cant I have some 20% days? maybe some 25% days? Anyone else go through this? I cant for the life of me figure out why this happens.

Ok.. I know you are all going to type "Variance" and I realize this but it just seems really weird.

Benholio
05-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Make sure you are not playing differently when you are running hot/cold. Its easy to get a "if I could at least get a 3rd in his I'd be happy" kind of attitude during a losing streak. It is also easier to be more aggressive/reckless when running good.

ripped
05-17-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you are not playing differently when you are running hot/cold. Its easy to get a "if I could at least get a 3rd in his I'd be happy" kind of attitude during a losing streak. It is also easier to be more aggressive/reckless when running good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right.. It is VERY easy for me to start playing bad when I start getting sucked out on over and over again. I admit I do tilt and this is probably the hardest thing I have to overcome but I have been making progress as I am not jumping around to make my losses back which I used to do a lot in my early days playing. Daily results also still matter to me unfortunatly and I am trying to wipe that out also. I am having a real hard time with that 1 as I hate to see my money go to morons but I know that these morons are also giving me a decent living.

Back to the original topic today I ran HOT again as I played 40 tournaments and made $516 8 tabling with my new Dual 2001FP's (omg I have a hard on looking playing with these. They are incredible) Now dont get me wrong I love these hot days but I hate the cold 1's. The hot 1's seem to be incredible and the cold 1's are just horrible. Never any average days. But you are right I do try and do too much when I am running bad but when I am running well I am playing some good damn poker.

TruFloridaGator
05-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Yeah, it's very tough, but you will become better if you can avoid analyzing your bankroll or your ROI from day to day, just post inidividual hands to make sure you played it right & take a break after a few tough suckouts. Easier said than done, but when I can avoid thinking about these things, it helps you have a clear head and a better game.

ripped
05-17-2005, 01:55 AM
it it easier said than done for sure. Like I said my game is not perfect but I know it is a winning game as long as I can stay away from the tilting. I have made lots of money just in the 20's and I have the bankroll to play the 109's if I wanted to but I need to get this very crucial leak solved before I move up.

Freudian
05-17-2005, 02:05 AM
I am +2 buyins over the last three days. I am pretty happy being up since I haven't won even close to my fair share of coinflips. Normally when I am this unlucky I experience quite a drop.

dfscott
05-17-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am +2 buyins over the last three days. I am pretty happy being up since I haven't won even close to my fair share of coinflips. Normally when I am this unlucky I experience quite a drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in almost exactly the same spot. Lots of big hands not holding up coupled with not getting the suckouts. But after an ok night tonight, I'm down only 4 buy-ins since last Friday, so it could be a lot worse.

Big Limpin'
05-17-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is VERY easy for me to start playing bad when I start getting sucked out on over and over again. I admit I do tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

The proof is in the pudding (im not entirely sure what that means, but i think i used i right(?)):

(this is from my brief foray in party poker....Ripped = DOuches full)

***** Hand History for Game 2045897709 *****
50/100 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 12188549) - Sat May 14 00:41:13 EDT 2005
Table Table 14273 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 2: illa5th (775)
Seat 3: RichardRoe (735)
Seat 5: S_L_O_W_PLAY (2520)
Seat 7: CapitalB (1120)
Seat 8: patch4 (900)
Seat 9: flushdrawme (1230)
Seat 10: douches_full (720)
patch4 posts small blind (25)
flushdrawme posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to illa5th [ 2d, 5c ]
douches_full raises (200) to 200
illa5th folds.
RichardRoe folds.
S_L_O_W_PLAY calls (200)
CapitalB folds.
patch4 folds.
flushdrawme folds.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ As, 4c, 8s ]
douches_full bets (175)
S_L_O_W_PLAY raises (2100) to 2100
douches_full calls (345)
douches_full is all-In.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6s ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 2s ]
Creating Main Pot with $1515 with douches_full
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1515 | Side Pot 1: 1580
Board: [ As 4c 8s 6s 2s ]
illa5th balance 775, didn't bet (folded)
RichardRoe balance 735, didn't bet (folded)
S_L_O_W_PLAY balance 3315, bet 2300, collected 3095, net +795 [ 7d 7s ] [ a flush, ace high -- As,8s,7s,6s,2s ]
CapitalB balance 1120, didn't bet (folded)
patch4 balance 875, lost 25 (folded)
flushdrawme balance 1180, lost 50 (folded)
douches_full balance 0, lost 720 [ Jc Jh ] [ a pair of jacks -- As,Jc,Jh,8s,6s ]

>> Which is a beat....but on a sliding scale, where jalepeno=bad beat, and habenero=vicous bet....this is a "yellow bell pepper".

The following chat is condensed from the following half dozen hands:

douches_full: OK THATS [censored] BULLSHIT

illa5th: he took it well....

douches_full: [censored] IDIOTS WITH NO FUCKIGN BRAINS ALWAYS [censored] WIN

S_L_O_W_PLAY: thats poker

douches_full: CALLED 200 WITH 77 WHAT A STUPID MOPTHERFUCKER

S_L_O_W_PLAY: I had u in a bluff
S_L_O_W_PLAY: so F U

douches_full: YOU ARE A DUMB [censored] IDIOT
douches_full: PLAIN AND SIMPLE
douches_full: COME PLAY HEADS UP
douches_full: $600

flushdrawme: lol

S_L_O_W_PLAY: he can call me out all he wants

douches_full: EXACTLY YOU ARE A [censored] FISH WITH NO SKILL

S_L_O_W_PLAY: Im playing and hes watching

douches_full: I AM ON 8 TABLES MORON

S_L_O_W_PLAY: no one playes 8 tables

douches_full: REALLY??
douches_full: i PLAY 12 SOMETIMES IDIOT

S_L_O_W_PLAY: well if u were u wouldnt be so worroied about losing one game

S_L_O_W_PLAY checks.

douches_full: LMAO@THE FISH TELLING ME NOOBODY PLAYS 8 TABLES

flushdrawme: your typing an awful lot over here to be paying attention to eight other tables

illa5th: what is yer 2.2 handle?

douches_full: RIPPED

illa5th: shp_it_mker?

douches_full: YUP

S_L_O_W_PLAY: hey doushbag leave us alone

douches_full: WHATS A DOUSHBAG?

flushdrawme: i see you quite a bit

illa5th: that was funny thread

douches_full: YEAH I 8 TABLE ALL THE TIME
douches_full: smoke this bitch

S_L_O_W_PLAY: then go to your other 7 tables

douches_full: using 1 CRT right now
douches_full: 2001's are in the mail

illa5th: is it ok if i post this tourney history?

S_L_O_W_PLAY: how u playing 7 other tables..u lose then keep up with the chat at the hable u lost??

>>> and so it went. Hey ripped, im just giving you the gears here by posting this, hope you take it as a joke...but it was too funny when it happened, i was careful to request the HH when tourney ends....but hten never bothered to post it, until i read this thread. It was meant to be. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jeffraider
05-17-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MOPTHERFUCKER

[/ QUOTE ]

JOPKE

Also, ripped, you deserve your bad luck because you berate poor players (especially after making a pretty nice mess of the hand).

Big Limpin'
05-17-2005, 03:31 AM
i emphatically disagree. The hand was played fine.
Its only posted cause of the rediculous railbird fiasco.

Freudian
05-17-2005, 03:53 AM
Ripped: Don't be a dick at the tables. It is bad for you, it is bad for me, it is bad for the fish.

In fact, mailing Party and having them disable your chat will probably be +EV.

Blarg
05-17-2005, 04:10 AM
I agree. The last thing I would do is publicize it if I stank up the joint that bad with juvenile behavior.

Newt_Buggs
05-17-2005, 04:25 AM
booo, don't tap the glass

ripped
05-17-2005, 04:29 AM
LMAO..Yeah I posted something about running bad on Fridays. I was getting hammered all day and I usually dont act this way but I was tilting hardcore by this time. It takes a lot to get me going that bad but it just seemed that nothing would work that day. Glad you found it funny and reading it now I think it's pretty damn funny myself. The things you do on tilt.

ripped
05-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Nice mess of the hand? What was wrong with it? This was level 3. I raised to 200 and got called by 77. I then fired 175 at a 400+ pot and get raised all in. I have 375 invested and I didnt believe he had the A. I sat there and looked at it and thought and called and I was right. I made a good read on the hand and the turn and river come spade spade for the flush.

Now what mess did I make here?