PDA

View Full Version : trying new thing

curtains
05-16-2005, 08:47 PM
After finally feeling comfortable 8 tabling sit and gos, it's time to move back into Multi table tournaments! Now going to practice playing like 2 big multis along with 6 sit and gos... does anyone get confused doing this? I think it'll be fine as 8 has become pretty easy for me to follow now (Search for an old post to see me complain about how it was completely impossible to play 8 sit and gos at once), but we will see....

shejk
05-16-2005, 08:50 PM
I've been playing way way too tight lately when mixing in some mtts. I really have to consciously think about loosening up when playing mtts.

beeyjay
05-16-2005, 08:52 PM
i usually drop down to 4 sngs and 2 multis when I do this. I think it may just be laziness though because sngs feel like work and multis are just kind of fun.

ZebraAss
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sngs feel like work and multis are just kind of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluefeet
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing way way too tight lately when mixing in some mtts. I really have to consciously think about loosening up when playing mtts.

[/ QUOTE ]

me=tighter than a nats ass wrapped around an oil drum

i really have to make an effort to splash around more in the mtts

Maulik
05-16-2005, 09:06 PM
What site are you playing MTTs?

curtains
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
hmm...its a lot tougher than I expected so far, this will take some practicing.

Nick M
05-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I would keep all MTT in specific monitor spots. I assume you have 2 not 3. So yeah like bottom 2 on the right monitor are ALWAYS MTTs. I 4 table with 2 9 handed on top and 2 6 handed on bottom sometimes. It helps me at least.

jgunnip
05-16-2005, 09:59 PM
I would keep all MTT in specific monitor spots.

I agree and think this is very good advice. After a couple of sessions your brain should get used to notion that those particular spots are MTT and thus require different styles.

jeffraider
05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I just played 4 Party $22s on one monitor and on the other monitor I played 2 Full Tilt $4.40s. The different structures made my brain hurt and I felt like I was going insane.

Iamafish
05-16-2005, 10:19 PM
I think it would be impossible to play 6 SnG's and 2 MTT's. They're just too different. Especially the MTT on the last 20 people.

My suggestion would be play only two MTT's at a time, and maybe one SnG (especially if your in big MTT, that [censored] will cost you).

Nottom
05-16-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion would be play only two MTT's at a time, and maybe one SnG (especially if your in big MTT, that [censored] will cost you).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is really needed. If it starts getting close to crunch time in the MTT then you can just finsh up whatever SNGs you are playing and concentrate on the MTT. Its not like the final table is going to sneak up on you.

Iamafish
05-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Actually, yeah...Didn't think about that. I still think 6 might be too much, like I said, it might cost you.

Depending on how big your damn roll is, go for it.

jeffraider
05-16-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be impossible to play 6 SnG's and 2 MTT's. They're just too different. Especially the MTT on the last 20 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry, I only played 6 SNGs, but the FTP ones were deeper stacks/slower blinds, so I was getting frazzled. I didn't play any MTTs.