PDA

View Full Version : $30+3 Is this a push?

Maulik
05-16-2005, 07:57 PM
I haven't not began stealing blinds in this tournament.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1095)
SB (t1095)
BB (t470)
UTG (t1110)
MP1 (t1570)
MP2 (t980)
CO (t1680)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (t300) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t300) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t300) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t300

KingDan
05-16-2005, 08:00 PM
No. BB is likely to call, and it is too weak a hand. Don't want to reduce FE by pushing somewhat early with this. People will call you more later.

johnnybeef
05-16-2005, 08:00 PM
yep

Maulik
05-16-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yep

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you push or agree with KingDan?

nWirb
I'd wait for a better opportunity since BB is pot commited and knows he cant fold into the money.
Q9o is only ~55% vs a random hand.

johnnybeef
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yep

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you push or agree with KingDan?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i push....think about it this way....if you are itm on the button as a big stack, do you push a q9?

edit: also notice that people are more willing to gamble when in the money which makes this even easier

microbet
05-16-2005, 08:28 PM
How often I thought the table was letting me get the opportunity to be first in with position and how often I thought the table would let me steal from out of position would affect the decision.

I think it is close, but lean towards pushing. I don't have Eastbay's program on this computer, but this is a good problem for it.

shejk
05-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I push this every time. On a sidenote, I'm not ashamed of showing Q9 here.

I must say the way you post these hands really confuse me though. What's wrong with just cutting the action when you've done what you're gonna do?

Maulik
05-16-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push this every time. On a sidenote, I'm not ashamed of showing Q9 here.

I must say the way you post these hands really confuse me though. What's wrong with just cutting the action when you've done what you're gonna do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just show my push card and not the board?

zaphod
05-16-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How often I thought the table was letting me get the opportunity to be first in with position and how often I thought the table would let me steal from out of position would affect the decision.

I think it is close, but lean towards pushing. I don't have Eastbay's program on this computer, but this is a good problem for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Looks pretty close since you are likely to be called from BB, and I am not to happy showing Q9 here, could destroy table image for future stealing. But if you don't steal now you will probably have to steal before the BB hit you again, and then your position is worse.

valenzuela
05-16-2005, 09:37 PM
its not like I want to be unfirendly or something, but the more posts ppl have the more theyre inclining to pushing. It does look like a preety obvious push to me , maybe Im missing something /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Moonsugar
05-16-2005, 09:54 PM
If SB calls you are a dog but could win a lot of chips. BB will call with anything here and you are a slight fav to win. You also get to show your POS to the table. By folding this your fold equity actually goes up because you folded when you were 'supposed' to raise. You lose too much fold equity once you show this for the possible reward.

Eastbay's tool is useless here cause it has no function to describe the effects in later rounds of a loss in FE which will be dramatic at 33 because most of these players won't understand why a push with Q9 could be good.