PDA

View Full Version : First SH-post, A5s in SB against limping button

ejess
05-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi all!

After a year of lurking from work during the days and playing from home during the nights, I've finally made my way up to 5/10SH. I have about 20k hands, still in the green and very happy about it. I have been running incredibly (amazingly even) well over the weekend though and with all the talk about downswings here recently I thought I'd post a hand from an upswing for a change (to make sure I'm not betting and calling too much I guess).

It was during my second orbit at the table so no read to share. I question the flop-call myself as I don't have many outs, but I was also a bit curious what the unknown button was limping in with. When the K fell I planned on check-folding the turn but to my surprise I got a free river and went from there.

I welcome all thoughts and comments!

Paradise Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

dave44
05-16-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't see any hands that you beat that have any chance at calling your river bet. I would rather check-call.

Silverback
05-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I limp pre flop, fold flop

spamuell
05-16-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I question the flop-call myself as I don't have many outs, but I was also a bit curious what the unknown button was limping in with. When the K fell I planned on check-folding the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you weren't going to call down then you're not finding out what the button is limping with so just fold the flop.

As you didn't, check-call the river and allow him to bet his missed draw at least.

ejess
05-17-2005, 05:45 AM
After thinking about it I somewhat agree with people saying I should c/c the river even though perhaps a hand like A/images/graemlins/spade.gifx/images/graemlins/spade.gif might check through but still call a bet, I don't know.

But limp preflop, really? Anyone else thinks so?

mperich
05-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Fold flop. You don't have few outs, you MIGHT have 3. Ppl tend to give players raising out of the sb credit for a hand. I think you have to check call river or check fold. Its close.

-Mike