PDA

View Full Version : AA meeting resistance

theblitz
05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Villain has shown no signs of playing stupid hands.
Seems to know when he is beat.

However is VPIP is very high (72), PRF (31%) but only 1.5 Aggression

Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($21.75)
Hero ($69.75)
UTG ($9.25)
Button ($51.00)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.25</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $5.

Flop: ($13.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $10</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28.75

IMO his pre-flop flat call followed by his raise on the flop seems to scream out Queens.

I had shown no bluffs so no reason for him think I was bluffing this time.

So, fold?

Intrepid
05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I do not like your small/timid flop bet and subsequent fold! Your $5 bet suggests weakness and your opponent could be making the free-card flop raise play (with a flush draw). Although this play is more appropriate in limit games, I see it done in small stakes no limit games as well. Your opponent could also be holding some other pocket pair which you are beating.

theblitz
05-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah.
Now I look at it the flop bet was low considering the size of the pot.
Should have made it at least 10.

Simplistic
05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
weak-tight.

pzhon
05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
I hate your fold.

The Villain is more likely to have something lke AQ or K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif than QQ. He could have 66, and is testing to see whether you really like the flop. He could have KK, too.

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP is very high (72), PRF (31%) but only 1.5 Aggression

IMO his pre-flop flat call followed by his raise on the flop seems to scream out Queens.

[/ QUOTE ]
He raises all sorts of stuff on the button. You don't have to have nearly as strong of a hand to reraise. Do you think he folds 90% of the time in position when you make a roughly pot-sized reraise? A lot of the hands with which he would call a reraise would like the flop, particularly when your flop bet was so small.

theredpill5
05-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I would make that raise on the flop with KQ, AQ, KK, JJ,QJ, . So yeah, I think you should have called. You got one caller preflop, right ? You realize that you are about 90 % to beat any hand with AA when heads up ? In this situation, I'd be willing to go all-in. If he has it, he has it but he will have it so very few times, that it profitable to do this. I think he had KQ.

pyedog
05-16-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would make that raise on the flop with KQ, AQ, KK, JJ,QJ, . So yeah, I think you should have called. You got one caller preflop, right ? You realize that you are about 90 % to beat any hand with AA when heads up ? In this situation, I'd be willing to go all-in. If he has it, he has it but he will have it so very few times, that it profitable to do this. I think he had KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're more like an 80% favourite over most raising hands that don't contain an ace (smaller pair or connected cards). But still your point is valid. This fold seems way too weak without a better read on your opponent. Then again, if you're getting most of your money in postflop then it doesn't really matter how much of a favourite you were preflop.

How would you guys proceed if you were raised here? Reraise right back to protect against top pair or a flush draw and try to end the hand right away? Or just call the minraise for the sake of pot size control? The problem with that is that you don't know what to do the one in three times that a flush hits on the turn or river and maybe he can bluff you off the hand. I guess a flop reraise and then a fold to a push is an option. But if he just calls your reraise then you're probably pot committed on the turn.