PDA

View Full Version : $10/20 -18bb/hour session!

FishyWhale
12-03-2002, 09:02 PM
...that lasted only ten minutes (so perhaps thatīs why the result is so extreme?! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

Well, anyway, no free seat at $3/6 holdīem, so I give $10/20 stud ($2ante, $3bring-in) a try for five hands, because after that five hands I got called up for my holdīem game. Two hands I got involved in:

1) [JJ]A rainbow. Three limp to me, the second one showing a queen, but he was to the left of the bring-in so I guess he would have raised with a queen. I think about just calling along what with three already in the pot, but I remember how one or two players folded to a complete after having already paid the bring-in, so I complete myself, hoping that this folding stuff will happen again. Opponent on my left calls, the other three call too. Oops, methinks I should have just called.

4th: [JJ]As2s (limper No3 gets an ace, other boards as non-threatening as before). I bet and get called by everyone (perhaps the bring-in folds)

5th: [JJ]As2s8d. (now the player with the queen gets an ace and is first to act). Checked to me, my bet gets called in three spots.

6th: [JJ]As2s8d5c. (the player on my left pairs sevens, seven isnīt door-card; player on my right pairs sixes which ainīt door-card either). Checked to me, I check too.

7th: I donīt get any help and it gets checked through.

Comments (especially on 3rd street)?

2) [8d3c]Ad. (I just got called up for $3/6. The low card is to my immediate right, and the aces and diamonds are completely live. There is a K and a Q or J showing after me.) The low card brings it in for $3, I complete. Comments?

This, in fact, is as far as I got, because I *saw* how the player with the K was thinking, and I just got the very strong feeling that he was thinking about whether to raise or just call (donīt ask me why Iīm so sure, I just saw something in his face, surprise perhaps?), so I was very sure I was up against kings when he called; another player called too.

4th: [8d3c]Ad5h. I check, KcJc bets, other player calls, I fold saying "canīt beat kings".

5th: KcJc gets the Ks, bets, other player folds. KJK shows KJ for a full-house.

Dynasty
12-03-2002, 09:08 PM
What are you doing playing stud? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

In the first hand, you definitely raise. I'd say you played it right on every street.

In the second hand, you should fold on 3rd street (unless you made a typo and started with a 3-flush. If you had the 3-flush, I would see 5th street for one bet.

FishyWhale
12-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Well, as I said, no seat at my holdīem table, and stud is a game you should be able to play, so I thought why not jump right into $10/20 which, after all, isnīt much higher than $3/6, and give that game a go, after all I was properly bankrolled with $200-and-something... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif (I also happen to have 7CSFAP on my bookshelf, but I simply prefer to play holdīem because the $3/6 stud structure where I play features a $1 ante, and that sucks, doesnīt mean Iīm not open to playing stud though /forums/images/icons/wink.gif, just that I donīt have as much experience)

About the second hand: No, not a typo, I only had a two-flush, but since my no aces or diamonds were out, I thought Iīd give a steal a try with the low to my immediate right (I now can remember 7CSFAP says not to steal early, only donīt remember under what conditions, loose game most likely).

Oh, and why not limp and wait to raise on 4th or 5th with the JJA?