PDA

View Full Version : K9...isolate the loose limper?

mtdoak
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
UTG is loose passive...and I have a row of TAGs between me and the button.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.16 BB

Standard?

sweetjazz
05-16-2005, 04:57 PM
This is about as low as I would go with a PFR, but I think it's probably all right, though I'd prefer to have later position. It's not going to be fun playing this OOP if you're 3-bet, but your hand is too good to fold, and you're more likley to be raised if you limp than you are to be 3-bet after you raise. Plus you kill the odds for a small PP to limp in and you fold hands like Axs.

Flop is good, and turn check I like. Did you consider betting the river for value? Would UTG lead the river with an A? Won't he call you with a lot of hands (a 5, a smaller PP, an 8, a 9 with a worse kicker, maybe even KQ or KT) that you beat while the only hand he has that you beat consistent with his play is a J?

BTW, suppose you have the same weak limper, folded to you on the button with K9o. Do you raise/call/fold here?

Klepton
05-16-2005, 05:14 PM
this is the kinda stuff you need to learn for higher limits, awesome job

i like betting that turn, cuz i'm not too unhappy if i get checkraised, but the check makes things easier

because you checked, were you calling a bet with that 9 on the river?

lil'
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
If you think you can get the button with your preflop raise, sure, why not. If you expect cold-calls or three bets, don't bother.

Bet the river. If he has a jack (an ace seems very unlikely), god bless him, but you'll get called by worse hands here a lot.

templar999
05-16-2005, 05:24 PM
bet the river. my guess is a small pocket pair he wants to get shown down. make him pay for it.

istewart
05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like betting that turn, cuz i'm not too unhappy if i get checkraised,

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you unhappy if you get check/raised (with outs)?

BeantownCaller
05-16-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like betting that turn, cuz i'm not too unhappy if i get checkraised,

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you unhappy if you get check/raised (with outs)?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get check raised you'll probably get at worst 2 bets on the river so it's not the end of the world.

Haupt_234
05-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Like a lot of the other posters already said, bet the river with your 9s. I think they will be good here a large majority of the time.

And if bet into on the river, I think i'm calling the bet as well...

Haupt_234

ckessel
05-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Hmm, not sure about isolating with K9s, a little low on my list, but then I'm still learning isolation.

Flop, seems fine, betting out.

Turn. No Bet?!? He peeled one and checked to you, he may very well fold. Even if he doesn't, you've got at least 9 flush outs.

River. He checked despite your checking behind on the turn. I think I'd bet my pair of 9's as a value bet. I'm guessing he has a middle pocket pair as often as he has you beat.

BigEndian
05-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Looks good. Betting the turn also works, a lot of players call the flop bet to see if you're serious and bet the turn.

- Jim

shant
05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I like it but I would bet this turn.

damaniac
05-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I think it's fine. I wouldn't go much lower than this in this position. The only other consideration is how loose your opponent is. I wouldn't try this against, say, a 30 vpiper, not that K9s doesn't compare favorably against his holdings, but when you look at all the other factors that also need to fall into line to make this profitable, everyone not having a hand and folding to give you position and get it heads up, it becomes pretty marginal. Definetly good against someone who plays way too many hands though.