PDA

View Full Version : This seems wrong.

SomethingClever
05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
But flat calling the river seems wrong too.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>?????

Lost Wages
05-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Most likely you are tied. The other possibility is that you are beaten. Raising is all risk and no reward.

Lost Wages

spamuell
05-16-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most likely you are tied. The other possibility is that you are beaten. Raising is all risk and no reward.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the opponent can't have KQ or KJ?

mungpo
05-16-2005, 04:46 PM
I doubt it. Without reads though, its harder to determine what he might have.

I would just call the river.

mikeyKay
05-16-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the opponent can't have KQ or KJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

he could have KQ or KJ, but i just dont see the value in raising here without a read of some sort. villian has loved his hand the whole way...i dont know if a worse hand calls the raise over 50% of the time.

-mike

Lost Wages
05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
There is a small chance that you are ahead. If you raise and you are ahead then you gain one bet at most (sometimes he folds). If you raise and you are behind then you lose 2 bets (he reraises and you have to call). You need to have the best hand &gt;2/3 of the time for a raise to be +EV. Applying a default read, since none was given, I don't think that's the case.

Lost Wages

tongni
05-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Calling the river is right.

SomethingClever
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a small chance that you are ahead. If you raise and you are ahead then you gain one bet at most (sometimes he folds). If you raise and you are behind then you lose 2 bets (he reraises and you have to call). You need to have the best hand &gt;2/3 of the time for a raise to be +EV. Applying a default read, since none was given, I don't think that's the case.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect, thank you.

Of course I was behind and had to call a 3-bet.

obsidian
05-16-2005, 05:24 PM
You think he's going to 3-bet PF and cap that flop with KQ or KJ? Maybe with TT-QQ but I think that is questionable. At best I think you are tied here. At worse he has AA or KK and you will get 3-bet.

spamuell
05-16-2005, 05:45 PM
There is a small chance that you are ahead.

OK, so we agree. I didn't say raising the river is correct, I just said that it's not true you can only be behind or tied.

I'd still be tempted to raise the river though, just because so many opponents are complete fucktards and even though calling makes sense, they end up having something completely unexpected.

SomethingClever
05-16-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd still be tempted to raise the river though, just because so many opponents are complete fucktards and even though calling makes sense, they end up having something completely unexpected.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's that factor, but the reason I raised on this hand was because I forgot how all the previous action had gone because I was involved in other tricky hands. I'd like to think I just call if I'm paying attention.

Chalk it up to the slight BB/100 loss I have to accept for playing 4 tables.

arkady
05-16-2005, 06:22 PM
this smacks entirely of AA/KK and almost nothing else (AhQh the other few times). Kind of reminded me of my FW game just different positioning. If you are going to raise, you will have to fold to a 3-bet which is lunacy. So I would just call.