PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Pokerroom

bobbyi
05-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi. I've already searched the archives and found what I could. However, I still have some questions about Pokerroom so I hope someone here can help:
1) Am I allowed to have accounts on multiple pokerroom skins?
2) If I am not, is this really enforced?
3) If I am, is it worthwhile to go around and do signup bonuses on several skins?
4) Does pokertracker work well with pokerroom now? I see that there have been issues in the past. Is this all resolved and pt will be able to auto-import my hands as long as I have pokerroom set to save stuff on the harddrive? Is this true for all skins?
5) Once you go through the annoyance once of getting the stats positioned correctly on the screen, gt+ works well with pokerroom? All skins?
6) How common are the graphical issues when playing multiple tables? I usually play four tables. How like is it that this will work without problems? Do they even get four tables of a given limit going at once?

Any help would be much appreciated.

playersare
05-16-2005, 04:14 PM
1) yes, you just have to pick different usernames for each one.

2) N/A

3) I would stick to the major skins with download clients for now. a bunch of no-name java only sites have popped up lately with unclear wagering requirements and/or no real assurances of their long-term viability.
use this list - http://pokernetwork.co.uk/partners/

also note that pokerroom skin bonuses are based on player points and per-raked dollars. so you would want to play at least $2/4 or $1/2 NL to clear them efficiently.

4) PT works fine if you set the pokerroom download client to create a hand database for you. I don't know for certain if all the major skins are the same way.

5) I don't know personally, but someone else here would.

6) if you turn avatars off, the card "ghosting" issue should be under control. I try not to play more than 3 tables at a time there but I don't see how 4 would be that terrible. there is plenty of action at all limits for you to max out your screen.

Wyers
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
3) I would stick to the major skins with download clients for now. a bunch of no-name java only sites have popped up lately with unclear wagering requirements and/or no real assurances of their long-term viability.

FWIW. I signed up for an account at Holdempoker.com (one of the PokerRoom skins). This is one of the no-name java based sites - in fact they were a play money site until a month or two ago. The clearing requirements are exactly the same as PokerRoom.

I deposited, cleared the bonus, and cashed out without incident.

Same as PokerRoom in that you will likely want to be playing 2/4 or higher to clear this bonus in a reasonable amount of time.

playersare
05-16-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW. I signed up for an account at Holdempoker.com (one of the PokerRoom skins). This is one of the no-name java based sites - in fact they were a play money site until a month or two ago. The clearing requirements are exactly the same as PokerRoom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holdempoker is listed on that PokerNetwork link I posted previously in the thread, so I would consider that a legit skin. I was talking more about sites like PowerPlayer, Bayou Poker and Royal Wagers which aren't even listed on pokerpulse yet (nor PokerNetwork's own site). there are lengthy, ongoing threads on BW where people still cannot definitively figure out what the exact bonus terms are on these new (supposed) skins.

2+2 wannabe
05-16-2005, 06:03 PM
powerplayer - great site

cashout in 5 minutes (literally!), bonus is 500 points for $75 (250 to get the $75 into your real money account - 250 more to be able to withdraw). customer service was quick and friendly.

bobbyi
05-16-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I signed up for an account at Holdempoker.com (one of the PokerRoom skins). This is one of the no-name java based sites - in fact they were a play money site until a month or two ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can the java-based clients also save hand histories on your hard drive for pokertracker to import? Or only the non-java ones?

P Carr
05-16-2005, 07:39 PM
As long as your bonus clears at a 7-points-per-dollar rate, you can clear it at a decent clip playing 1/2 limit, assuming you can 4-table and pick your tables wisely. I'm working off a bonus there at a rate of about $12/hour. Not bad.

Jeffage
05-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I can't answer your questions, but I can say I highly recommend Pokerroom to anyone. Good action, quick cashouts, cool crowd.

Jeff

Patchmaster
05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6) if you turn avatars off, the card "ghosting" issue should be under control. I try not to play more than 3 tables at a time there but I don't see how 4 would be that terrible. there is plenty of action at all limits for you to max out your screen.

[/ QUOTE ]
This hasn't worked for me. I turned the avatars off months ago. There's something going on in the software that starts sucking up CPU time and then the graphics don't get updated properly. It actually looks like they draw "invisible" avatars and then repaint the rest of the screen, but the repaint gets screwed up due to the high CPU usage.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but last week I had four tables going and a fifth table popped up when I came to the top of the waiting list. The tables were at two different limits. I had never tried opening that many tables at mixed limits before so maybe it's always worked that way, but it was new to me. Not that it's something I'm looking to take advantage of. Four tables is still a bit of a stretch for me.

zephed56
05-17-2005, 08:56 AM
I like the button set up at pokerroom.

Also, there's one problem with GT+. When you hover your mouse over the stats box at other sites (like at party), it displays more detail. However, at Pokerroom, when you put your mouse over it, nothing comes up because the pokerroom software is always stealing the focus. A crappy workaround is to drag some other window over the pokerroom table, and then quickly move your mouse over the stats box. It will come up that way.

bayoupoker
05-18-2005, 09:09 AM
http://action.pokerpulse.com/rooms.htm

Been on pulse since 4/21
Thanks
Mike
bayoupoker