PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions please

count1
05-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I am a super tight, cautious player for the most part. I sometimes feel I am far too cautious as the hand might illustrate. Interested in how you feel this hand should have been played. I will post results later.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Seat 1: $54.88
Seat 2: $53.52
Seat 3: $29.75
Seat 5: $105.40
Seat 6: $27.43
Seat 7: $40.49
Hero: $41.64

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes___calls
I am thinking why did this guy raise? Doesn't he give me credit for possibly having paired aces. Does he have trips? I'll just call the raise.

4th Street - (10.25 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Should have bet out but I have already convinced myself that this guy has trips.

5th Street - (7.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Wow he raises again does he really believe I would bet out with just a pair of 5's? He must have trips.
6th Street - (13.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

River - (16.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Total pot: (19.13 BB)

Made my low so I bet out. Does my thought process throughout this hand make any sense or am I just too damn weak/tight?

beta1607
05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I like not putting in a 3rd bet on 3rd, it will just bloat the pot and make it correct for some of the other draws to stay in on later streets.

On 4th I bet and hope that the Q raises and shuts out some of the low draws inbetween you increasing you chances for a scoop.

I would also be more agressive on 6th, You have a good chance to scoop this pot so get some money in there.

bigredlemon
05-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Give that someone is showing 66, your bet represents either a higher two pair or else a low draw trying to kick out the higher low draw. His raise looks pretty confident, so I might put him on either a big pair if he's a manic, or more likely big two pair or better. Definetly raise on 6th unless you think he'll 3bet.

TheShootah
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Nice to see someone from Ohio here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I like 3rd, but bet fourth. You are probably just looking at Queens here. He may just put you on a low with an Ace in it. Maybe raise 6th though. It looks like you are probably gonna take one end or the other. I think you win enough on the high side and catch low enough to make it a good raise. It seems to me that you are seeing ghosts some of the time. He doesn't need trips here if he thinks you had a low with an Ace, which is certainly worth a third street raise. Looks like Seat 6 had a low and just wanted to chaise at it cheap, and seat 1 may have Queens Up. I dunno. Nice hand. I am sure you took some of it down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy B
05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
On third street, of course you make it a full bet coming in. When the Queen raises, it should mean that he has you beaten, either with rolled-up Queens or the other two Aces. Nothing else makes sense. That said, a lot of players will do things that don't make sense. I think that calling the raise and seeing what happens is a fine idea.

You've caught well on fourth, but it's looking very dangerous out there. The two low hands have caught small straight cards. You might bet into the Queen, hoping that he raises and flushes out one or both of the low hands, but I think that this is over-optimistic. I think checking and calling is OK, weak though it may seem.

Betting fifth is OK, but when the Queen raises, you can only call. He either has rolled-up trips or brain damage. Against a good or predictable player, I fold.

I check and call sixth and don't particularly like it. You probably don't have the best low draw, but the pot is big, and your hand should be good if you make it. The river is worth a bet. Hope it worked out.

count1
05-16-2005, 08:47 PM
I still can't figure out what the guy with Queens was thinking. He had played solidly up to this hand. I guess he was just trying to make a play at this hand and picked the wrong time to do it. He sure had me confused at any rate.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes___calls

4th Street - (10.25 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (7.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls

6th Street - (13.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

River - (16.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Total pot: (19.13 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $37.25 | Rake: $1

Seat 1: [ Qs 7c Qh Jd 2c Ah 5c ] [ a pair of queens -- Ah,Qs,Qh,Jd,7c ]

Seat 6: [ 2d 8h 6s 5h 6h Jh Js ] [ two pairs, jacks and sixes -- Jh,Js,8h,6s,6h ]

Hero: [ 2h Ad Ac 5s 5d 7s 4h ] [ LO: 7,5,4,2,A | HI: two pairs, aces and fives -- Ad,Ac,7s,5s,5d ]