PDA

View Full Version : Best Hoax?

Stuey
05-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Is it wrong to perpetrate a hoax? Yah I know it is sad I need to ask and even sader I am asking here. What is the law on this?

What was the biggest hoax ever? War of the Worlds maybe?
What was the coolest? I like nessy and bigfoot.
What is the stupidest/dangerous type? Placing a fake bomb in public places comes to mind. Or mailing baking soda filled envelopes to government buildings.

The people that think these harmless ones up first have my respect for some reason. However I hate the people that are copycats. Take crop circles for instance. The first guys had a cool idea but then everyone started doing it. And now it has lost it's charm.

If you thought up a good one that would not harm anyone would you do it? I'm not sure since it will cost society money and the cops have real problems to investigate.

If it worked perfectly and you fooled everyone would you take your secret to the grave? I would /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dominic
05-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Biggest hoax ever?

Religion. Without a doubt.

Yobz
05-16-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest hoax ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

jackdaniels
05-16-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest hoax ever?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Dex
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest hoax ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

jedi
05-16-2005, 04:12 PM
This is the AOL (http://www.jokeaday.com/7aolexe.shtml) hoax. It started out as a joke from a joke list, but some idiots took it seriously. Great stuff. I never get sick of reading it.

Eihli
05-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Worst POTD nomination ever.

2+2 wannabe
05-16-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest hoax ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey
05-16-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the AOL hoax. It started out as a joke from a joke list, but some idiots took it seriously. Great stuff. I never get sick of reading it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fun to see other people look dumb. But I am sure this one would have worked on me as well! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Stuey
05-16-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Biggest hoax ever?

POTD.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not getting past this are we? /images/graemlins/confused.gif