PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts While High

DavidC
05-16-2005, 02:50 PM
... I've heard they can be pretty amazing: connections that you wouldn't make while sober, etc.

Anyone have anything they want to share?

jackdaniels
05-16-2005, 02:51 PM
The fact that you have any thoughts at all only mean you aren't high enough. Rectify this immediatly. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bump
05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech guy:Who is playing with the London Symphony Orchestra? Come on people, somebody ordered the London Symphony Orchestra... posssibly while high. Cypress Hill, I'm looking in your general direction.
Cypress Hill: Yo, did we order the London Symphony?

beerbandit
05-16-2005, 03:04 PM
dont remember --- i think it was funny though

asofel
05-16-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... I've heard they can be pretty amazing: connections that you wouldn't make while sober, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, those connections and insights aren't the same when sober again...

under_cover
05-16-2005, 03:20 PM
I have no friends. My happyness is dependant on my relationships with my girlfriend, if any relationship at all. If the relationship is bad or I'm not in a relationship, I am less happy in general.

Basically, i'm a loser.

under_cover
05-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Also, i scored 3536 on the helicopter game, about 50% more than my previous best.

JoshuaD
05-16-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, those connections and insights aren't the same when sober again...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are to me. Usually I can see things in a different way, and it seems that it's accomplished by temporarily forgetting certain assumptions I had in the situation.

under_cover
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are to me. Usually I can see things in a different way, and it seems that it's accomplished by temporarily forgetting certain assumptions I had in the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you felt the opposite based on your post in my thread.

asofel
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, this happens too. i've also written things down and read them later only to think 'wow, i thought that was much more profound'. all depends i suppose.

IndieMatty
05-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 4 The Carpool Lane

JoshuaD
05-16-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think "mind expansion" is a terrible reason to do drugs.

It's a way to have a good time, and to define it as something else seems like you're just lying to yourself.

I could be wrong though.

under_cover
05-16-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a way to have a good time, and to define it as something else seems like you're just lying to yourself.

I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, interesting, i think you may have misunderstood my original post. I do not use drugs to expand my mind. All i was saying is that while under the influence, i had noticed my mind expanding. I am unsure if my mind is really expanding though, or if i am just becoming paranoid.

tbach24
05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 4 The Carpool Lane

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite episode. So funny.

MoreWineII
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Ask me in about...eh...3 hours.

bump
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Acid and Shrooms have the potential to expand your mind and change the way that you look at life. I remember my uncle telling me about a poet that he went to college with who went on to win hundreds of awards for his poetry after leaving school. When my uncle asked him (around the age of 40) what he attributed his success to the poet answered quickly for the answer was obvious to him "Mushrooms," he said "they allowed me to see things in a different way..."

Mind expansion is a great reason to do drugs, especially hallucionagins

DavidC
05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go for one, then.

I asked a buddy of mine what something was (it was a rice cake, about the size of a hand, but oddly shaped as an oval rather than a circle). He replied that it was medicine.

Now, that in itself wasn't funny, but, imagine if it was really medicine.

Imagine if when you're sick, you had to eat something the size of your hand that tasted like tylenol or worse, and you had to chew it before swallowing, and there were 5 bites.

Mom: "Eat your medicine bar, dear, it's good for you."

Kid: "NO!" (horror).

--

Funnier: In Canada, there was a commercial where a kid is taking a sharpie and putting little dots on himself, all over his body, and then it's revealed that the kid has diabetes and has to give himself needles all the time, and those dots represent like 4 years of his life or something. Pretty sobering, when you think about it.

Anyways, imagine a similar commercial, except that a guy is sitting in a warehouse, and you look around and they're putting little boxes into bigger boxes, and then one of the little boxes is opened, and the kid says, "Look around, I have to eat all these [censored] medicine bars before I turn 21. Seriously. Please, someone, oh please, find a cure for diabetes. [censored] medicine bars. Think about it."

SpearsBritney
05-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Any thought you have is simply your brain's electrical signals opperating at a certain frequency. When you are "high"(and I assume you mean on some sort of stimulant as opposed to a depressant), your brain is essentially opperating at a higher frequency than normal. Some people, while opperating at this higher frequency, find themselves to be more creative, more productive, have improved memory, are more courageous, more sociable, generally feel better about themselves, and yes, in some cases believe that they are tapping into "infinite intelligence ", a plain of thought desribed by some as a "sixth sense" or an ability to "know" without knowing how you "know". I am not yet completely convinced of this, but I do suppose it's possible. I know that my brain definately hands to me suggestions and ideas after a simple cup of coffee, that it would not have, had I gone without it.

Richie Rich
05-16-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's true.

The Stranger
05-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I haven't been drunk or high in almost three years, but here's how it went from the best of my recollection:

"[Insert lame scheme here]. Wow. I'm pretty smart. If I do that, I'll be rich and have hot chicks all over me. Oh but I would need investors, because I'm broke. Speaking of being broke, I wonder if there's any resin left in that pipe. I have to have a safety pin around here somewhere. I think wrestling is on tonight. I wonder when Stone Cold is coming back. Damn, I'll have to not get too messed up tonight, because I have to work in the morning. Oh wait a minute, I had a really good idea a minute ago. What the f**k was it?

Skip Brutale
05-16-2005, 07:47 PM
I came to the realization that sesame street was liberal propaganda that has shaped my world views since childhood.

Tribal cultures do not have a concept of suicide. Old people really shouldn't be allowed to drive.

DavidC
05-16-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been drunk or high in almost three years, but here's how it went from the best of my recollection:

"[Insert lame scheme here]. Wow. I'm pretty smart. If I do that, I'll be rich and have hot chicks all over me. Oh but I would need investors, because I'm broke. Speaking of being broke, I wonder if there's any resin left in that pipe. I have to have a safety pin around here somewhere. I think wrestling is on tonight. I wonder when Stone Cold is coming back. Damn, I'll have to not get too messed up tonight, because I have to work in the morning. Oh wait a minute, I had a really good idea a minute ago. What the f**k was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG deja vue

Except that for me, it was going over to the picnic table to get a specific item or specific food to eat. Once I got there, I couldn't remember what i wanted. However, I knew that if I went back to the campfire, I'd remember and have to come back. BUT when I got back (after remembering), I wasn't sure if I'd still remember.

I was kinda afraid of dropping into some sort of infinite loop of walking to and from the picnic table, like a chain gang or something.

JaBlue
05-16-2005, 08:41 PM
read some Carlos Castaneda

bholdr
05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
all matter is meerly energy condensed to a slow vibration...

whoah... i'm tripping out, maaaannn... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WSUchica
05-17-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG deja vue

Except that for me, it was going over to the picnic table to get a specific item or specific food to eat. Once I got there, I couldn't remember what i wanted. However, I knew that if I went back to the campfire, I'd remember and have to come back. BUT when I got back (after remembering), I wasn't sure if I'd still remember.

I was kinda afraid of dropping into some sort of infinite loop of walking to and from the picnic table, like a chain gang or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I LOLed so hard at this for some reason