PDA

View Full Version : If party made their SNGs winner take all, would your profits increase?

Karak567
05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
or decrease?

What would be preferable? The current payout structure or a winner-take-all structure?

stupidsucker
05-16-2005, 02:31 PM
The game would change, and would require a different strategy.

The fish would get destroryed faster because variance for losing players skyrockets. Thus chasing them away.

All in all I think the structure would benefit in the short run, but not the long... Just a hypothesis.

Lets take a look at my 1sts for this year.

Benholio
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
I would hate it, the bubble is where I make all my money.

stupidsucker
05-16-2005, 03:15 PM
My roi would grow incredibly if I could use my exact same distribution. Ben is right though. The absense of a bubble would change a lot.

But I promise, The more steap a structure is the more it benefits the better players in the long run. Short run variance changes all of that. I think in typing this, I just decided to be a half sng/multi player... hmmmm

1C5
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Watch the $15,000 Party entry fee SnGs where winner gets $100,000, 2nd gets 30,000 and 3rd 20,000. Play would pretty much look like that.

Apathy
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
That all depends on how well you adjusted... If they were winner take all I think the variance increase would make me want to switch back to ring

Newt_Buggs
05-16-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would hate it, the bubble is where I make all my money.

[/ QUOTE ]
removing the bubble would remove some of the strategy. Play would more closely resemble a ring game where chips have a direct cash value (still wouldn't be completely the same though). It would also increase everyones variance, which would really suck. I don't see how it would be more profitable though since removing the bubble just gives one less opportunity to outplay your opponents. The main reason that I got into SnGs was because I realized that at the lower buy ins very few, if any players were good all around players. Many of the players coming over from ring games were decent 10 handed, but were incompetent short handed. Similarly many of the aggressive people that were stronger short handed usually got knocked out early. Paying only 1st would lessen this gap IMO.