PDA

View Full Version : from 'weak sauce' to chip-spewing moron

joseki
05-16-2005, 01:40 PM
A while ago I posted another hand where I held KK out of position on an A-high flop. I bet the flop but people seemed to think that checking the turn w/ two callers was weak. Anyway, I've since been trying to play this type of hand more aggressively...

UTG seems like a solid TAG (24/17/3).

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Is there a fold in there, or do you think this is OK?

Vote4Pedro
05-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd lead the flop, lead turn, lead river...considering he's a TAG I think you can safely drop it if he raises you on any street. I just hate check/calling in these situations

billyjex
05-16-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure I get the 3-bet PF to flop C/R?

rory
05-16-2005, 11:08 PM
What do you think a solid TAG is calling your check-raise with on that flop? Do you need him to turn over his hand to tell you he has an A? Cause like, that's all he has here on this flop. Stick some broadway cards on there and it's different. He has like AT or AJ probably 95% of the time here. If I was awesome I would check-fold the turn. But instead I'll just check-fold the river, wasting a BB.

tongni
05-16-2005, 11:14 PM
That's a silly checkraise. You just cost yourself an extra SB. Bet flop, bet turn, checkfold river? Or bet/fold river. It's more what he thinks of you than what you think of him.

deepsquat
05-16-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a silly checkraise. You just cost yourself an extra SB. Bet flop, bet turn, checkfold river? Or bet/fold river. It's more what he thinks of you than what you think of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either take it all the way or check/fold the flop. Bet,Bet,Check/Fold is horrible imo.

I like leading every street and folding anywhere to a raise. [censored] situation but im not folding this w/out a raise.

rory
05-16-2005, 11:48 PM
What hands do you think the UTG solid player guy is calling down with?

jwg152
05-17-2005, 12:53 AM
I hate the c/r on the flop here. I'm not sure why you did this. The only thing this does to a TAG 10/20 player is piss him off, make him curious, or perhaps induce him to make a play at you here - the last thing you want. Lead the flop here - if he calls then you're in trouble. I think c/f the turn is the best option if this player is as solid as you believe. He isn't going to call you down without an ace IMO. But if this player isn't a solid TAG, well, that's another story...