PDA

View Full Version : A7o - Flop call vs SB 3-bet

Isura
05-16-2005, 01:39 PM
No reads unfortunately. I'm not sure if I'm folding too much in this situation. I have 6 outs against 44-66 (not likely at 1/2). Drawing slim to A8+, KT, 88+. I'm okay against stuff ike KQ, KJs,QJs. I usually estimate about 3-4 outs for me on average, but I'm not sure I'm doing the analysis correctly. Easy fold?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

krishanleong
05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm writing an article for the 2+2 mag. It explains why you did the right thing here. If it doesn't get accepted, I'll post it here.

Krishan

arkady
05-16-2005, 02:22 PM
This is the 3 handed btw. SB's range is enormous.

krishanleong
05-16-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the 3 handed btw. SB's range is enormous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got to start paying more attention to the number of people in these hands. You hand compares more favorably than I thought. I would at least give consideration to call, raise the turn, check the river. I don't think folding is bad though.

Krishan

MrWookie47
05-16-2005, 02:39 PM
I posted in the cross post over in micro advocating fold, but I missed the fact that it was 3 handed. One thing is for sure: I don't use the "raise turn for free SD" at all, really. I could probably stand to incorporate that into my play.

krishanleong
05-16-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I posted in the cross post over in micro advocating fold, but I missed the fact that it was 3 handed. One thing is for sure: I don't use the "raise turn for free SD" at all, really. I could probably stand to incorporate that into my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the turn for a free showdown is a line I like to use against people who aren't maniacs. It puts a LOT of pressure on unpaired hands to continue. You can probably get hands you don't mind folding to fold, KJ, KQ. And once in a while you will fold a better hand, A9, A8.

Krishan