PDA

View Full Version : KQs large stack (Party $55)

Meatmaw
05-16-2005, 01:23 PM
My feeling is to push this. I ran it through SGA (eastbay's tool) and put the opps on 22+,A2+,KTs+,KJo+ which seemed pretty loose and it was break even $EV. If I put them on what I figured was more likely (44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs+) then it was +0.5% $EV (and still +$EV as long as not everyone was as loose as the first range. I've been inclined to interpret the % more toward pushing when I'm desperate (Short) and toward folding when I'm large. Thoughts on this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1210)
BB (t1370)
UTG (t2272)
Hero (t3313)
Button (t1835)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

bluefeet
05-16-2005, 01:31 PM
The blinds didn't come across for me, but certainly worth a push (I'm assuming they are 200-300ish). Such a good drawing hand though...if the blinds are any smaller, I would love to raise 3x and see a flop here. (coming from a fan of post flop).

Meatmaw
05-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Actually the blinds were 100/200 but 2nd large stack had folded.

durron597
05-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Please fix your HH. TY!

ZebraAss
05-16-2005, 02:03 PM
What is wrong with the HH?

bluefeet
05-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I suppose 3x would commit the two short blinds anyway. A limp might set you up for a push from the blinds (which I would gladly take), but Button might also have joined in the growing pot prior - or worse yet, pushed back himself because of your limp. [not that you were considering, just running through the scenarios]

flyby4553
05-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm also interested in what other people think here. My instinct would be to push but with such a large stack the additional 300 chips might not be worth it as against any reasonable calling range your a coinflip or worse (except a hand like KJ). Thoughts?

Phil Van Sexton
05-16-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also interested in what other people think here. My instinct would be to push but with such a large stack the additional 300 chips might not be worth it as against any reasonable calling range your a coinflip or worse (except a hand like KJ). Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push. Not even close.

Maybe you don't need 300 chips, but the other players certainly do. You have a big stack and a good hand. Keep hammering the shortstacks until they get desparate.

Big stacks should not fear coinflips against short stacks.

Meatmaw
05-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Not even close because you put them on (44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs+) or tighter? Because, as I said before, if you put them on (22+,A2+,KTs+,KJo+) or looser, it *is* close, unless there are other considerations, which is why I'm posting (to hear what those are etc). Thanks,

-Mm

pooh74
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not even close because you put them on (44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs+) or tighter? Because, as I said before, if you put them on (22+,A2+,KTs+,KJo+) or looser, it *is* close, unless there are other considerations, which is why I'm posting (to hear what those are etc). Thanks,

-Mm

[/ QUOTE ]

even tighter than your first range there. ATs+, 77+. Of course the smaller of the stacks will be slightly looser, but as a whole I think the range will be tightish

Phil Van Sexton
05-16-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Mm

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean that it's not close in my mind. Maybe the ICM is close, but that's because we are only talking about 300 chips here.

Depending on your definition of close, blind steals are always "close".

If it's negative, we can talk about "other considerations". If it is just "close", there is nothing to consider.